Chapter 9: Another Problem

3rd POV

"W-what are you doing in my room?!" she yelled as she nearly activated her I.S but was unable to. Within the time that she was thinking about doing so, a single sound made her stop.

CLICK

Something hard was pressed up against her forehead. She shivered from it, but it wasn't from the cold.

The hammer of a pistol clicked back into place as the cold steel was pressed gently against her forehead.

He had a gun, and he was ready to fire.

There was only silence. Her eyes were trembling as she stared at his remaining one. The colour drained from her face and her legs also started to tremble in fear. She wasn't ready for something like this.

Pilots were trained to be able to face threats and other pilots to represent their countries but almost all of them were naive. They did this all with the idea that they were safe because they were in the I.S, that the match would stop and they'd be safe from harm after one's shield energy ran out or someone gave up.

But this was different. He had a weapon, he wasn't going to back down and would end her in a heartbeat if she stepped out of line. She wasn't in her I.S which meant that the bullet wouldn't be deflected by the absolute defense. She'd die.

There was something about him now. A suffocating feeling that made her voice get caught in her throat, not even able to give out a small whimper.

Much like Cecilia, when she looked at Yn, something was starting to form behind him. A manifestation of her fears, what she saw him as.

The illusion had already started to form. A pure white head that was missing one eye, the other only being a glowing ball of dark light that sucked in the other light around it and if looks could kill she'd be six feet under. Almost like the shadows had moved to cover its body and drape over it. A cloak. Finally, it's bony hands held a weapon, a long shaft that had a head with a long curve to one side, the edge of the blade upon her neck. Waiting.

She saw him as the reaper. Death was staring her right in the face.

She had been informed of him. The American soldier that won against both Cecilia and Ichika. The one that lacked emotions and made his decisions logically and followed orders like the ideal soldier.

He had made his name known in the underground, though she didn't know that. He was more dangerous than she believed, and she already thought of him as her death.

But that wasn't all. She had heard from her uncle in the Chinese army about a certain soldier in the west, however, she couldn't recall any of what he had told her. The fear of the situation making it impossible for her to do so.

...

But he only stood there, aiming, watching, waiting. He took no further action.

Is he going to...

With a small gulp of saliva, she contemplated why he had pulled out a gun, where he pulled it out from, and finally, why he wasn't firing?

But she remembered, he asked her a question. With nothing better to do or any other action to take, she decided to ask.

"T-this...This is my room. I want to know what you are doing here?" she tried to calm herself down, but the firearm was never removed from her forehead.

"Correction; This is my room, you have simply been assigned here, or at least that is what I have gathered from your statement."

His voice gave her the chills.