Chapter 13: Recommendation...Seraph!

3rd POV

The crowds were roaring, excited to see the next fight of the first official male pilot. All of them on the edge of their seats for his next presentation.

He had gone toe to toe with another representative contender and the only other male I.S pilot, and managed to win. Not only that, he held the advantage throughout most of the fight. He had taken a mortal wound, kept going, and finally, made Cecilia Alcott give up. All the while not speaking, just as the announcer had told him to do.

He was already up again, out of recovery from such an attack, and was now fighting a one-on-one, no one could guess what would happen.

The leaders from several countries were all waiting in their respective seats in the VIP stands above the crowds, waiting to observe the one that would take the stage.

However, they didn't recognize him as the first male pilot, or even a student. They could only admit to recognizing him and acknowledging him as the Ghost

"I'm curious, what is your plan?"

"To what?"

"To bring him over to your side. What else would I be speaking about?"

The chatter of the leaders of various countries was...casual. They all spoke as if old friends, though all plotting the same thing.

To them, the Ghost was someone well known. The perfect, loyal soldier of the United States. The one that completed his missions without fail and practically without mistakes. They couldn't care less if he was the first male pilot, the attention and title was nice, but it wasn't they wanted. They wanted Yn for themselves, for their country.

"He's talented and skilled. He has nothing that he is desiring for except for more experience. He is financially stable, he has high social status that he doesn't care for, and is powerful by himself enough to rival entire groups of pilots."

"All true. But let's not forget his ties to Miss Shinonono. She seems to have a soft spot for him, and is constantly in contact with him. I hear she even helped build his I.S personally."

"Lest we not forget his achievements in the underground. Not many organizations would want to threaten whichever country has him....actually..."

"Yes, I know. I've heard the rumors. He is after Phantom Task. A troublesome group, though we can't afford to be mixed up with them unless we have him."

"You all shouldn't write off the other Children of the white night. Those two are also quite the force, best of all is that they'll follow the Ghost no matter where he goes. The three of them together make quite the formidable team."

The number of country leaders rallied up to over one hundred, that went to show how much of an influence the soldier had on the world. Many were going back and forth, continuously singing praises of the young boy, though all secretly just trying to gather more information from the others.

Sadly for them, for the next three years, dear Yn would be out of their grasp. At least in the eyes of the public.

During all this, while the crowds were waiting for the match to start somewhere in the hour, Yn was called upon in his hanger. The familiar voice getting closer and closer as she cheered happily.

"(N/n)-chan!"

"Here she comes," Kaede sighed, taking a step back.

"I believe you two should also step back," Advising both Kuro and Kirin, they listened, moving themselves out of the line of fire as a pink-haired projectile crashed into Yn, causing him to slide back a few meters.