Chapter 8

*Anabelle's pov*

Adam pressed his lips to mine and my body seemed to ignite. Every part of my body seemed to be on fire.

Our lips moved together and I pulled away.

"What are you doing?" I asked calmly, while inside, I was anything but calm.

He looked shocked that I pushed him away. His dark eyes seemed to have more tinges of red in them now.

"What did it look like I was doing?" He snapped at me. I looked at him in shock. He had just begged me to come home, and he was already snapping at me.

I didn't answer him. My mind clouded with confusion and I couldn't figure out what to say. I left the kitchen and went to our bedroom. This day was too much.

I had come back to learn these 'powers' that I had, and Adam kisses me. Then he gets mad at me for pulling away! I can't win!

I flopped down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. The dull ache in my throat started to grow but I ignored it. I needed to control this, it was getting to the point of ridiculousness. All I wanted to do was rip someone's throat out and drink their sweet, sweet blood.

I shook my head and tried to get those thoughts out of my head. If I didn't who knows what will happen.

I closed my eyes and tried to think back to the days of me being a human. I mentally pushed myself to try to remember what my life was like before becoming a vampire.

The only thing I could remember was a party. I had gone to a party with my one friend. I tried to remember what she looked like and what her name was, but I couldn't remember anything about her.

What I did remember was drinking and being with Adam. Then I remember him leading me out to the woods. I flinched as I started remembering the pain that came with what happened next.

I galred at nothing as I remembered the fact that Adam took away my human life.

The pain in my throat increased. I was able to ignore it a few hours ago, because all I was thinking of was killing Adam.

I tried to direct my thoughts that way, but it didn't work. All I could think of was that kiss. The kiss made me only think about him. My body wanted him, even though I was still mad.

The flame grew. How the hell is this even possible? I just drank blood! This didn't make any sense at all.

I hated this. I didn't want to kill anyone. I didn't want to crave their blood.

I heard the bedroom door open and Adam's sent filled the air around me. I laid still, maybe I could look like I was asleep.

"I know you're awake," Adam said.

Damn it, I was hoping that would work. I felt the edge of the bed dip and I opened up my eyes.

Adam's disheveled dirty blond hair was the first thing I seen when I woke up. He really needed to fix that.

"You know your thoughts are really loud," Adam told me. My eyes flashed to his and I glared at him.

"I have been able to read your mind since the day I met you. I can read everyone's mind. It is my only power as vampire," he explained.

"You've been reading my mind?!" I exclaimed. He has known my thoughts the entire time? What the hell! Doesn't he know what privacy is?

"I can't help it. It isn't like I want to read your mind." He wasn't looking at me.

I got an instant flash of hurt as he said those words.

"No not like that. I hate reading your mind because it is always something about hating me. I don't like knowing that I made you miserable. If I had known that this would happen, I would have kept you human. I didn't know that you would experience this amount of blood lust. I never wanted to hurt you," Adam explained to me.