Chapter 15

*Anabelle's pov*

Anger. I could feel the anger coursing through my veins igniting the fire that was surrounding Nathan. Adam was staring at me in shock and so was Nathan.

"Is this why you didn't kill her Adam? She's gonna be your protector?"

I snarled at him. Every inch of my body wanted to tear him to shreds.

"She's my mate! I wasn't killing her! And you know the rules about vampires and their mates. I have broken no law!" He yelled at Nathan.

"What law?" I growled. I was angry. No I was livid. That is a better way to describe how mad I was.

"If a vampire's mate is human, the vampire can turn their mate into a vampire. We only ever have one mate so if a vampire did not turn the human into a vampire, they would eventually lose their mate and their happiness."

"So you didn't break any law?" I questioned again.

"No. Nathan is a fucking asshole who has had it out for me ever since I killed Lucy. He covers his hide by working for the Vampire Council now."

"Oh Adam you're so smart," Nathan sneered at him but didn't dare try to attack him. The flames were burning bright and had no hint of dying down.

"Why doesn't he try to get through the fire?"

"Fire does hurt us. It doesn't kill us, but it causes a great amount of pain."

I glared at Nathan. Stuck between the flames. I smirked at him and he growled at me. I snarled back and Adam came over to me and wrapped his arms around me. Although this calmed me down, the flames didn't falter. I was too focused.

"Can your pet let me out of here now?"

I snarled at him and Adam held me back.

"Her name is Anabelle you dick. What do you want? And what are you going to do if she releases you? I have every notion that we should kill you," Adam spoke calmly.

"But you can't kill me. That would be a crime against the Vampire Council." He smirked and the flames burned brighter with my anger.

"Fuck," Adam mumbled.

"I have to report back to the Council what I find. But I suggest you come with me to explain your uh, little situation."

"You realize you can't kill us right?" Adam stated.

"Yes, I know I can't kill you. This time you haven't given me a reason"

'Adam, what are we going to do about Jessica?' I asked him in my head.

'Actually taking us to the Vampire Council will give us protection. They won't know where we are and she can't prove anything against us without getting herself killed. I say we do it. With our powers we should be protected. I'll have to teach you how to protect your mind.'

"Well?" Nathan asked.

"Where is this Council?" I questioned him.

"It's in England."

That's really cool. A memory of me wanting to go to England came flooding through my mind until Adam pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Anabelle, let him go."

I sighed and focused on terminating the flames. The flames slowly died and Nathan smiled.

"The Council will be very impressed with her. They may even ask you both to stay."

"I don't think we can do that. She's still young. Her blood lust is a lot greater than others. We need to take her hunting before we put her on a plane. Especially if it's going to be a plane with humans." Adam looked at me and I looked back into his eyes.

Even though we were in a tough situation, I still could feel the love and passion that swirled around us.

"It is a private flight, but you're right. We all should hunt. How about we meet back here after? Don't try to escape." Nathan warned and then took off.

"Alright let's quick go hunting." Adam ran in the other direction and I followed suit. I stopped abruptly, smelling human blood. I could feel the blood lust taking over.

Adam came up behind me and I turned around to see him. He was in hunting mode. I let the blood lust take over and we followed the scent.

We stopped short of a clearing. Two men were in the clearing, planning on where to hunt, probably.

I stalked closer, remaining quiet.

'On 3,' Adam said in his mind.

I nodded my head waiting for him to give the signal.

'I-2----3,' he said and we both lunged at our targets. We easily took them down and the man struggled against me, until I bit into his neck, crushing his windpipe. He tried to let out a scream, but it was just a gurgling sound.

I drank his blood until he was totally dry. I dropped him and looked up to see Adam watching me.

"You're so beautiful," he said and I smiled. I'm sure if I was a human I would have been blushing.

"Alright come on. Let's hide the bodies," Adam said and picked up the man he killed.

We hid the bodies quickly and returned to the spot where there was a circle of burned grass.

I can't believe I was actually able to control fire the way I did.

"It was amazing. I've never seen a vampire actually control fire. Normally it's an element that vampires don't control."

"When Nathan tells the Council about your abilities they are going to try to make us stay."

"So what will we do?" I questioned.

"Well I'm not sure. If we stay we are protected from Jessica. But we are also under the Council's mercy. They aren't perfect and have a history of being cruel."

"So either way we are fucked?"

Adam chuckled and smiled at me.

"Exactly," he said and moved closer to me. He brought my lips to his and kissed me.

I smiled into the kiss feeling the passion from his touch engulf me.

"Well that's disturbing," Nathan stated and we pulled away to glare at him.

"I am glad that you returned. You're not giving me any reasons to kill you. It's a darn shame. Anyways follow me and I will take you to the Vampire Council. Make sure to be on your best behavior." He smirked at me and my lip curled up at him.

He chuckled at me.

"She's fiesty Adam, ever wanna share?"

Adam snarled at him and I growled.

"I'll take that as a no."

"Don't you have your own mate?" I asked him.

"No. I've been mateless for an even longer time than Adam. I doubt I have a mate," he explained and I did feel bad for him but that feeling didn't last long.

We continued to follow Nathan, and I was unsure of what was going to happen next.