Preface

My eyes flashed open and everything had a red hue to it. My throat was on fire.

"My prodigy is awake," a male voice said around me. I snarled in anger. The fire got worse. It consumed my thoughts. It consumed ever part of me. My hands went to my neck, thinking that it would subdue the fire in some way.

"Are you thirsty honey?" I whipped around and seen the man who was talking to me. He looked in his twenties with blond hair and his eyes were dark brown and almost looked red. Even though it was dark, I could see him perfectly. He was gorgeous. My eyes locked with his and I felt a feeling spread through me.

I rushed forward and pinned him. He chuckled.

"You can't get what you desire from me. We will go get you what you need, okay?" His voice had humor laced through it. He lightly pushed me off. I could tell he was stronger than me. And I was impressed with my strength!

The fire burned brighter in my throat and my hands went back to my neck.

"Come on let's get going," he said and grabbed my arm. I hissed at the contact, but I didn't fight him. The fire was unbearable. It was my every thought. With every second, the fire only progressed.

I could see perfectly where I was. I was in an alley behind a bar. I confusedly looked around.

"Since you just turned, I'll help you with this. But after this, I will not," he said and we hid behind the dumpster that was there.

We only had to wait a few minutes before a man came out. He didn't look drunk. He was walking fine, and didn't smell of alcohol. He smelled of cologne and cigarrette smoke.

I was surprised how sensitive my sense of smell was. The smell of the dumpster was irritating, but the fire in my throat raged on, so I couldn't do anything else.

All of a sudden, the guy I was with, jumped out and had him pinned against the building. He put his hand over the bar guy's mouth. His screams were muffled against the hand.

"Come here, darling." I rushed over. I seen the man's pulsing veins. My throat was engulfed in flames. Every part of my body was screaming to rip his throat open and drink his blood. The smell of his blood was intoxicating.

I bent down so my teeth were right in line with his veins. I bit down roughly, and began to drink.

The man screamed, but it sounded like a gurgle. I continued to drink from him and I felt a hand on my back, and I snarled in response.

It took a few minutes for the man to be completely drained. He fell limp against me, but was held up by the guy I was with.

"Do you feel better?" He asked me and I nodded. He smiled.

"By the way, I'm Adam. What's your name, sweetie?" His voice was heavenly.

I was shocked. I don't know my name.

He must have noticed and he dropped the guy's dead body to the ground. He took me in his arms.

"It's alright. It's a new start for you. You can be whoever you want now," Adam smiled slightly at me.

I couldn't remember anything though. The fear of that knowledge overcame me. There was a slight, okay more than slight, dull ache in my throat. It was managable though. But all I could think of was the fact of that I forgot everything. I didn't know who I was.

"Let's get you home. You can decide there."

"Where is home?" I asked him.

"With me. You're with me now."

And with that I walked home with him. To a new life filled with blood lust.

Okay, so I have always wanted to do a vampire story, but have never gotten the nerve to do one till now. This is just the preface and the story will be coming soon, if I get enough support for it.

The cover is designed by @worldgirlalways.

Comment and vote please :)