Chapter 2

*Adam's pov*

I carried her deeper into the woods. Her screams seemed to echo off the trees. Tears ran down her face as my venom spread through her.

I knew what was happening. The venom was snapping her bones, to create an invincible bone. It was morphing every cell in her body. Changing it to a vampire's cell type. It was painful as hell.

I held her close while she yelled. The screams were so loud, it seemed to block off the rest of the sounds around me. I was only focused on her.

If I could make her pain go away, I would. But in my many years of living I have not found any way to numb the pain. This would go on for another hour. I looked down at her and watched her face twist in agony. I let my mind slip into hers.

Please let me die. I can't deal with this pain another moment. What is that asshole doing to me? Why did he do this? Why won't he kill me?

I let my mind slip out of hers and I sighed. I definitely had my reasons for doing this to her, but I couldn't tell her those reasons when she awoke. She will be too consumed with blood lust.

My mind went back to when I was in that period of blood lust. For me it had one month, which was surprising because most of the time it lasted for a year.

Once the period of blood lust is over, the vampire will realize it's unique powers, like telekinesis, and it will be able to tell who their mate is.

I felt regret for what I was doing to her, but it had to be done. I laid her down on the ground and then backed away slightly. The transformation would soon be done, and that would be when she would awake as a blood thirsty vampire.

I waited for a few minutes watching her convulse in pain, but her screams started to die off. It's amazing how ignorant people are. We aren't that far from civilization but no one hears a girl screaming.

I watched her eyes flash open and she quickly got up. She looked around and I decided to say something.

"My prodigy is awake," I smiled at her. She snarled but her hands flew to her neck. Her throat must be on fire.

"Are you thirsty honey?" I asked her, and she turned around again to face me. Her red eyes pierced my soul, or what was left of it. She rushed forward and pinned me. I just chuckled. Her eyes flashed with anger, this clearly wasn't the response she wanted.

"You can't get what you desire from me. We will go get you what you need, okay?" I said with humor. I pushed her off lightly and I watched her put her hands to her neck again.

"Come on let's get going," I said and grabbed her arm. She hissed at me and I smirked. She was going to be fun. She was feisty, I like that quality.

I led her to an alley behind a bar. The woods led to a city, and right at the edge of the city was a bar. What luck.

"Since you just turned, I'll help you with this. But after this, I will not," I told her and led her to hide behind the dumpster. It smelled absolutely retched but she needed blood, or she would probably go on a killing rampage.

A man came out of the bar, but he didn't seem to be drunk. You could tell he was buzzed, but not drunk. He didn't smell of alcohol. He had put on so much cologne that it was overwhelming. I wrinkled my nose in distaste, but I knew the girl would need this.

I ran out from the dumpster and pinned him against the building. I covered his mouth while he screamed. I kept my hand on the guy's mouth as he screamed. I used my other hand to rub against her back, but she snarled at me. I rolled my eyes.