Chapter 14

*Adam's pov*

I got out of bed slowly, making sure I didn't wake Anabelle up. 

I wanted to check the perimeter and make sure that Jessica wasn't here. I knew she would find us. It is hard to hide from other vampires. I just need to give Anabelle time to discover her full potential of her powers. I know she is going to be one of the strongest vampires in history.

I quick checked everything and I didn't find any sign that Jessica had been around. I let out a breath and decided that I would need to go and get blood for Anabelle. I wanted to try to keep her in the house. If Jessica found my scent, then I can take her. I just didn't want Anabelle to have to fight by herself. 

I quick got blood for her and came back. Anabelle was still asleep. That girl was always asleep. She was the laziest vampire that I have ever met, but I love her. She's my lazy vampire. I walked over to her side of the bed and lowered my face to hers. I had two ways that I could wake her up.

Either kiss her awake, or scream in her ear. Do I want to be more romantic or do I want to have a little fun.

"Anabelle!!!!" I screamed in her ear and she jolted awake and rolled so that she would have fell off the bed if I hadn't been there to catch her. I chuckled and placed her back on the bed.

My laughter was short lived because she launched herself at me and tackled me to the ground. She was growling at me and her eyes were blood red.

"Baby, I'm sorry, it was just a joke. Can you please calm down? Don't let the blood lust control you baby girl," I begged her. She looked like she wanted to rip my throat out. Her red eyes piercing into my non-existent soul. It almost made me cringe.

She shook her head and I could see the brightness in her eyes dying. She noticed the blood bag that I carried in my hand and she grabbed it from me and hopped back up and onto the bed.

I sighed. It was so hard to try to raise a new vampire. The blood lust was too real, and for her it was harder than what any vampire had to go through.

Anabelle drank the blood quickly and tossed the bag at me. I caught it and gave her a sideways glance. She shrugged her shoulders and smirked at me before laying back down.

"Don't tell me you're going back to sleep!" I yelled in frustration at her.

"Maybe," she mumbled and I went over to the bed and yanked her out of it.

"Come on. I want to do something," I told her and started pulling her, but she was resisting.

"I don't want to."

I groaned and picked her up and slung her over my shoulder.

"You'll enjoy what we are going to do. I want to teach you how to use your powers. You are most likely going to be the most powerful vampire other than the vampires on the Vampire Council. You need to be able to protect yourself. Not only do you have to worry about Jessica, if other vampires find out about you, they are going to come and try to take you. You're young and they would want to use you for your powers."

She stopped struggling against me and nodded her head.

I didn't know what kind of powers Anabelle had, but I was certainly curious to find out what she was going to be able to do.

*Anabelle's pov*

"Adam I can't!" I yelled at him. I fell to the ground exhausted. He had been trying to get me to control the elements.

"I know you can! Try one more time for me. Cancel out the world, and just focus. Focus like your life is on the line," he encouraged. He had been standing far away from me, in case I would do something that could injure him.