Chapter 18

*Adam's pov*

After the pillow fight Anabelle literally passed out. I imagine she was tired after all of this today. It was so much to take in. Especially the fact that Benjamin wants to take over the world and kill anyone who stands in his way.

How could this possibly get any worse?

I couldn't think of that right now. I had to think of the brighter things. I looked down at Anabelle as I held her in my arms. She looked so peaceful and beautiful. She was gorgeous.

She stirred slightly, almost as if she knew I was thinking about her. She didn't wake up though, and I kissed her temple.

I had to think of something so that she would be safe. I needed her to be safe. She was my everything and I never wanted her to get hurt.

Our minds were blocked for now and it appears that she can block off any other powers. The only thing I can think to do is learn how to channel that power and be able to use it to help us take Benjamin down.

I didn't want to make Anabelle do that. Using powers frequently has such a draining affect. She would be so tired if I asked her to just protect the both of us.

We had to learn how to actually fight. And well.

There was only one way to do that. We had to practice fighting with the Council. This could work out for us. We would learn their special attacks and learn how to avoid them. We could take them down from the inside.

I yawned tiredly. I closed my eyes and hoped that everything would work out.

******

*Jessica's pov*

"So do you have any idea where they got to? I have honestly tried tracking them in every direction and I just keep going in circles," I said annoyed.

"They certainly thought of everything when trying to avoid you. But luckily I know where they are. They are in England with the Vampire Council. I watched them as one of the lower members of the Council and them fought. Anabelle is incredibly strong."

"Her name is Rose."

Lucy rolled her eyes at me.

"She goes by the name Anabelle. Anyways she is the strongest vampire in the history of vampires. Only one other vampire was ever able to control fire. So we are going to have to train quickly. If we let her have the time to train, we will not stand a chance." Lucy moved like she was pacing back and forth as she spoke. My eyes followed her every move.

"Why is she so powerful?"

"I have no idea. The only guess that I have is that it's because she has a vampire hunter's blood in her. She was a strong human, even though she was completely unaware, but I don't think that is it. There is something special about her."

"Why?"

"Only two vampires in our history have ever controlled fire. And those two only controlled fire. They didn't have any other powers. Anabelle controls all of the elements. She can read your mind. She can block everyone's gift. God only knows what else she can do," Lucy paced back and forth.

"She can't be that hard to beat can she?"

"The fact that she can even control fire makes her hard to beat. She's young but that ability is so strong. Fire hurts vampires, I don't know why but it does. She can surround a vampire with flames or even make him burn. If she figures out how to do that we're screwed."

"How do we beat them?" I asked her.

"The way to hurt Adam is to hurt Anabelle. She has to have some weakness. The only one I can think of is that she is not a good actual fighter. If we want to kill them we have to go to England. Like now."