# 18

After a while of sitting up there, she got frustrated with herself.

She threw the half empty bottle at the wall, letting out a short frustrated scream.

She grabbed her daggers. 5 to be exact. She started throwing them at the wall.

She had 2 left, before she saw Jace step in front of the wall.

"Move." She said, trying to keep her voice strong, as she was ready to throw the next dagger.

He stayed where he was.

"How long have you been up here?" He asked.

"It's fine. I'm glamoured. No one can see me. Now move." She said.

"You can't beat yourself up." He told her.

"I'm not."

"Who are you talking to? I think I know you well enough, to know that you are. What happened with Jocelyn, that wasn't you. That was the demon." He tried to tell her.

She shook her head, still ready to throw the dagger at any minute.

"Get out of the way Jace."

"Hey." He raised his hands.

"Same side, remember?"

At that Rosalie sighed, dropping the dagger.

"Come on. Come back inside."

"That's the last place I want to be right now..." She said before going over to the railing.

"Listen. Valentine has the soul-sword... He slaughtered the Silent brothers. We need all the people we can get...." He tried to reason, getting cut off by Rosalie.

"Stop! Just stop. I need everyone to stop pretending that this never happened. I couldn't do anything to save you from Valentine. Hell, I even got myself kidnapped by him.... She's Clary's mom... Your mom." Rosalie said, tears coming to her eyes.

"Nobody blames you."

"Maybe they should." She said, activating a rune before she jumped off the building, landing perfectly, and taking off.

Where she was going? She didn't know. Just somewhere that wasn't the institute for the time being.

~~~~
~~~~

(The next morning.)

"During the attack on the City of Bones, Jace Wayland fought bravely, and thus the Clave, in their wisdom, has exonerated him from all crimes. And the chief Physician in Idris reports that Lydia Branwell's condition continues to improve." Aldertree said.

"Out of the infirmary in record time. You're looking good. " Jace whispered to Izzy, as she and Alec were both standing there listening.

"I always look good." She said with a smile.

"Why isn't Rosalie here?" Alec asked.

"She needs some space." He said with a sigh.

"We face a new threat. Valentine has the Mortal cup, and now possesses the Soul-sword, two of the three Mortal Instruments. Our mission now is to find out what he plans to do with them... and when."

"You okay?" Izzy asked Jace.

"I'm fine. But apparently no one else is, judging by the way they're all looking at me." He said.

"Jace, I'm sorry for letting them take you to the City of Bones. I thought..."

"It's all good, Izzy. You saved Alec's life and mine. I would've done the same thing."