#26

A/N: THIS IS A FEW WEEKS LATER FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER. JUST WANTED TO CLEAR THAT UP.

It was morning. The sun was already out. Rosalie walked into the ops center leaning on one of the tables.

She didn't feel that great.

Alec was about to make an announcement.

Rosalie looked up as Jace, Clary, and Sebastián walked in.

Jace and Rose made eye contact, making Rosalie smile and slowly look back to Alec.

"We've lost seven of our own, but we can't allow a single, radical Seelie to define the entire Downworld,  any more than we can allow Valentine to define all Shadowhunters. So, to restore unity with our allies, I will be hosting regular Cabinet meetings here with the Downworld leaders of New York."

"I'm all for unity. But does he have to bring them here?" The dark haired Shadowhunter that was beside Izzy and Rosalie, said to the guy beside her.

"What do you expect? He's dating a warlock." The guy said.

"Still can't believe Alec Lightwood is in charge."

"Just wait. In a week, it'll be someone else."

Rosalie was a bit irritated. That was her brother they were talking about after all.

"Hey. If you don't want your mouths sewn shut, I'd suggest you shut up and show some respect." She told them before returning her attention to her brother.

"Please, let's make the Downworlders feel welcome." Alec said before coming down the steps towards the others.

"Look at you. In charge for a week, you're already shaking things up.     I think this Cabinet thing is a good idea." Jace said.

"Yeah, I'm not sure everyone agrees."

"All the more reason to do it. How can I help?" Clary said.

"Actually, I need you and Jace for a mission. You're going to the Seelie Court. " Alec told her.

"Where is that?" She asked.

"The nearest entrance is in Central Park. But it's in another realm. Where the Seelie queen lives." Rosalie said.

"I requested an audience with her to discuss Kaelie's crimes. But she said she'll only meet with Valentine's experiments." Alec said.

"Wow. Charming nickname. What about Rosalie though? Shouldn't she go with us?" Clary asked.

Rosalie shook her head.

"You two can go. I think I'm just going to help out around here. Besides, I don't really feel that well."

That earned a look from Izzy.

"Okay.     So, you think the Seelie queen is responsible for Kaelie's attacks?" Clary asked.

"That's what I want you to find out." Alec told her.

"It would make sense. Those murders weren't exactly Kaelie's style." Jace commented.

"How did you know Kaelie? " Clary asked.

Jace shared a look with Rosalie.

"Book Club." He said looking from Clary to Rosalie and then to Alec.

Alec just looked at him. An unimpressed look on his face.

"You read?" Clary asked, causing Rosalie to smile slightly.

"Yeah. Why does everyone find that so hard to believe?" He asked looking at Alec.

"Look. Focus. We need to find out if she's complicit. An entire faction could be turning against us." Alec said.