#32

The next day Jace and Rosalie took a walk out to the courtyard. 

"From everything I've heard, my mother suffered in silence alone for years. She never got the help she needed." Jace explained.

"We won't make the same mistake." Rosalie told him as they stopped.

"Whatever's happening to you, we're gonna figure it out.  Together." She told him.

Jace looked at her and took a breath.

"I'm... thinking of going to the City of Bones for treatment." He said unsure how she'd react.

"With the silent brothers?" She asked. 

"They have a history of helping Shadowhunters with mental health issues." He explained.

"Jace, we don't know that's what you're going through." 

"There's a family history."

"But you didn't start feeling this way until after you were brought back. Do you really think that's a coincidence?"

"I think it was a trigger... for something that's always been there. Look, I can't sit... benched and do nothing. If there is even a chance that the Silent Brothers can help, then that's..."

"That's a possibility. But what if they can't?" Rose cut him off.

"Jace, the Clave would deem you unfit for duty. You'd be deruned."

"What choice do I have?" He cut her off.

"I can't live like this. I can't keep adding more things for you to stress about." 

"Jace, I... What if I asked Clary to talk to the Angel, or I can try to somehow communicate with him."

"No. No, it's too dangerous. Look, if we summon Raziel, he could destroy us just for bothering him." 

"What about Ithuriel? He's helped us before. Jace, if you are suffering the consequences of being brought back from the dead, then... maybe he can do something." She said just grasping ideas from out of the blue.

"Well, what are you or Clary gonna do? Are either of you gonna text him?"

"We'll... Come up with something. Okay?" Rose told him, hugging him and resting her head on his chest.

~~~~
~~~~

Rosalie and Clary were on their way to talk to Luke. They were trying to find another way for Jace to get help.

Clary's phone rang and she put it on speaker.

"Can I borrow a dress?" Izzy's voice rang through.

"I need something mundane to wear."

"Going undercover?" Clary asked. 

"Something like that..."

"Izzy, just tell us what you're doing." Rosalie told her.

"I'm going out tonight with the doctor."

"Tell me everything." Clary said as Rosalie looked around the city. 

"It's just dinner. I'm only doing it so he can leave me alone." Izzy told her.

"Then why go out with him at all?" Rosalie asked.

"You're right. I should cancel. Help with the owl search."

"Izzy, you've been working non-stop. You can take a couple hours and enjoy yourself. It'd be good for you." Clary told her.

Rosalie and Clary made it to the station Luke was at.

"Izzy, go on that dinner date. We gotta go." Rosalie told her before Clary hung up.