#1

Rosalie spent most of her time training. Today was no exception.

It is her 19th, and Clary's 18th birthday, and she found herself training while Clary went to see about an art school, that she was trying to get into.

Rosalie was supposed to meet up with Clary and Simon, Clary's best friend, after she was done.

She didn't keep track of the time as she trained, simply because she didn't quite care if she was late or not.

She spent about an hour training before she left, making her way to the cafe that she was supposed to meet them at.

Walking in she saw both Simon and Clary talking.

"Sorry, I'm late." She put her stuff down and then took the seat next to Clary.

"What'd I miss?"

Clary handed her the letter, which said Congratulations on it.

"She pulled the sad face, completely fooled me."

Rosalie looked at Simon with a sort of unimpressed look, before turning back to Clary.

"Congratulations. " She smiled slightly.

Oh, if Clary only knew... She thought.

Rosalie's whole life has been nothing but Jocelyn treating her unfairly. She knew she wasn't her daughter, or blood for that matter, but Jocelyn could still act like she cared a bit more than she did.

Rosalie wanted to go back to her original family. She didn't belong with Clary, and she certainly wouldn't consider her a friend, but she could tolerate her.

Rosalie tuned mainly everything out until she heard that they were hanging out with Maureen after Simon's show.

"So what's the deal with you and Maureen?" Rosalie looked at Simon with a raised eyebrow.

Simon started to deny it.

"What deal? No deal. We sing together."

Rose rolled her eyes.

"You seriously don't know she's been crushing on you this whole time? " Clary stepped in.

"What? No. No."

"Simon how can someone as smart and perceptive as you not realize that the person sitting right there is in love with you? "

Rose shook her head at Clary. Clary didn't even know, so it was funny to her how she was saying this about him, when she had no idea. She was oblivious.

"I guarantee you I'm not the only smart, perceptive person to make that mistake."

Clary went to respond but something caught her attention. Her biscotti disappeared. Rosalie saw her put it down, but now as she looked at the table, she saw what looked like a drawing of one.

Once the two girls got home, they went inside and Dot gave them both birthday presents.