#29

A month went by.

It was the late morning of Clary's big day. She was getting her Angelic Power rune.

Rosalie groaned as the light from the window came through.

She hid her face in Jace's side blocking out the light.

"You have to get up." Jace told her as he went to sit up.

"But..." Rosalie started sitting up and resting on her elbows.

"Come on." Jace stood up.

Rosalie grabbed his wrist before he completely walked away, and pulled him back.

She was sitting up at this point.

She put her arms around his neck before mischievously smiling and falling on her back, pulling him with her.

He caught himself with his arm so he didn't crush her.

He hovered above her for a few seconds just looking in her eyes, before leaning down to kiss her.

Once he pulled away he smiled, standing up and pulling her to sit up.

"We're gonna be late." He told her as he removed her arms from around his neck.

"Fine." She sighed, getting up.

She went into the bathroom to change.

Once the two were ready, they met the others, before they made their way into the portal to Idris

They stood waiting for the ceremony to start.

Seeing Clary walk forward.

She looked over sharing a look with the four.

Rosalie smiled at her, before Clary started.

"I stand before my fellow Shadowhunters... to receive the Rune of the Angel. I take this mark to honor him... to bring his light into me... to join the ranks of the Shadowhunters the guardians of peace."

The rune was given and the Inquisitor spoke.

"This rune of angelic power is well-deserved.... and long overdue. You are no longer a Shadowhunter in training. You have defeated our greatest enemy.  Valentine may have used the Mortal Instruments to raise the Angel, Raziel, but you.... prevented a wish from being granted."

When she said that Jace looked down.

Rosalie grabbed his hand rubbing her thumb across it.

"Clarissa Fairchild, may your heroism be a shining example to Shadowhunters across the world. Congratulations."

Everyone started clapping as Clary turned around.

Everyone dispersed and Rosalie found herself talking with Izzy and Alec.

Jace disappeared and she had an idea of where he was.

"Hey, I'm going to go find Jace." She told the two before she left.