#24

When Rosalie woke up she found herself unable to move to sit up.

Looking down she saw Jace's arm around her.

She could hear the light snoring, meaning he was still asleep.

She turned to face him resting her elbow on her pillow and her head on her hand. She smiled as she admired how soft his expression was.

The one time he didn't look tough.

"It's rude to stare."

Jace said as Rosalie only now realized he was awake.

"I wasn't staring. I was admiring. " She grinned.

He smiled.

"You're adorable." He said before he kissed her.

She smiled as she pulled away, and sat up.

"As much as I'd love to stay in bed, we should probably go see what's up with this Azazel thing."

He sighed.

"Yeah."

Rosalie got up and went to her room getting dressed.

She went down and met Jace at the table

"Thank you." He told the guy who gave him the tablet.

"Looks like Azazel's headed south. We just recovered four dead mundanes with his signature M. O." Alec said coming over.

"Lets go." Jace was cut off.

"To catch a greater demon you summoned to the Institute, defying all protocol and common sense?" Inquisitor Herondale said.

"Don't put this all on Jace. I had a part in this, too." Alec told her.

"Look, if you want to bench your best fighter with a greater demon on the loose, I'm happy to oblige." Jace said.

"No. First we vanquish Azazel. Then I'll decide what to do with you." She said as she walked away.

"Go. I'll catch up." Jace told Alec.

~~~~
~~~~

"Azazel's attacks go as far south as the meat-packing district. And then the trail goes cold." Alec said as he stood around the table with Jace, Rosalie, and Clary.

"It's no use just tracking the dead bodies. With his ability to dematerialize, he could be anywhere." Jace said.

"Maybe we can help." Izzy said as she walked in with a blonde haired guy.

"Izzy! Don't you dare do that again." Rosalie whispered to her as she gave her a hug.

"We've been so worried about you.  Where have you been?" Clary asked.

Izzy shared a look with Alec, as he knew the real reason she was sick.

"Looking for Azazel. This is Sebastián Verlac, from the London Institute. When the demon came after me, Sebastián saved my life."