#30

Rosalie sat in her room, on her bed, drawing and listening to music.

She didn't realize Jace was standing there, until she felt herself being watched.

She looked over, seeing Jace standing there with a small smile on his face.

"Oh, hey. What's up?" She asked as she took her headphones off.

"I want to apologize." He said, walking over to her.

"For what?" She asked confused.

"For never taking you anywhere that didn't involve seraph blades or Magnus' apartment."

She smiled looking down for a second.

"Look, I know I've been preoccupied lately. I'd like to make it up to you. What do you say we do something normal?" He continued.

"Jace, you don't consider a day normal unless you come home covered in ichor." She teased.

"No, I don't." He said, sighing slightly.

"But what about you?" He asked.

"Well, I could use some fresh air. I don't really know."

"What would you say to dinner? Tonight, someplace mundane. Just the two of us." He asked, knowing she liked some mundane places.

Rosalie smiled.

"So, like a date." She said.

"Yes.  Yeah, a date." He chuckled slightly.

"Okay. Yeah.  Where?" She asked.

"Uh... it's a surprise." He told her, which was half right.

He had something planned for after dinner, but he didn't know where the dinner was going to be at.

"Oh, Okay." She started, getting up on her knees, putting her arms around his neck.

"Than I can't wait." She gave him a kiss on the cheek, smiling slightly.

~~~~
~~~~

Jace made his way to where Izzy was.

She was in the weapons room.

"Don't tell me you broke your stele again..." she told him.

"Nope." He waved his stele in the air a little bit

"I actually was hoping you could give me a dinner recommendation. It's finally happening."

Izzy looked up, smiling.

"Finally. And I'm sorry, but you're asking the wrong Lightwood. Alec and Magnus have been to every restaurant in New York."

"Yeah, but... being Rosalie's Parabatai, I figured you'd know more than Alec would. I need this to be perfect Izzy. It has to be, for her."

"You know, if you were with anyone else, I'd ask you who you are and what happened to you." She joked.

"Very funny. And for the record, I've been on tons of dates."  He said leaning on the desk.

"Yeah, with who? Your... book club?"

"Among others... yeah."

"But never with a girl you actually really care about."

"Exactly. And this is different. This isn't just a date. You know that."

"I do. And I really don't know. Maybe ask Clary. She would know more than me."

He sighed slightly before going to see Clary.

He knocked on her door, going in when he heard the 'come in.