#5

"Pick a weapon. I suggest your whip, and you, your blade." Alec said, sort of with attitude, as Isabelle came up to the table, grabbing an arrow of his.

"What's wrong with you?" Rosalie asked.

"Nothing." He said, taking the arrow out of Isabelle's hands.

"We're going to a Downworlder's rave. You should be a little more excited." Izzy said, walking over to the weapons cache.

Rosalie left to go get her blade, that she left in her room.

After getting it, she stopped, looking at herself in the mirror.

Rosalie, Being too lost in her own thoughts, didn't realize there was someone at the door.

"What are you thinking about?"

Rose jumped slightly, looking over, and seeing Jace.

"Nothing." She said, shaking her head, and smiling slightly.

"Did you need something?" She asked.

"Just to tell you that we're ready." He said.

She nodded slightly, before following him.

~~~~
~~~~

"All clear." Alec said, as the two Lightwoods got back.

"Do you think red's my color?" Izzy asked, linking arms with Clary.

"Iz, with a body like yours, everything is your color " Clary told her.

"Good point. Damn, I make this necklace look so good."

"Will you take it off? I'm sure Magnus Bane doesn't want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange." Alec cut in.

"You know, I wouldn't be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels." Izzy just said.

Rosalie laughed slightly, causing Jace to look over towards her, until Alec started again.

"Can you just give it to Jace?" Isabelle giggled, taking the necklace off.

"You're such a buzzkill."

~~~~
~~~~

They finally got in, and Rose went with Clary and Jace, while Alec and Izzy got on a higher level to watch them.

"Magnus." Jace yelled over the music, as they spotted him.

"Clary Fairchild. You've grown into a beautiful young woman. And Rosalie Lightwood. I see you found your family."

Rose gave a slight nod, not really paying much attention as she kept an eye out.

It was until she heard the mention of Dot, that she payed attention.

"Just like they tortured Dot." Magnus said.

"Wait, what?" Rose asked as Clary asked.

"Tortured? Wait, is Dot okay?"

"You don't know?  Dot is dead. "

"What?" Clary asked in disbelief.

"How do you know?"

"I can't feel her magic anymore."

Rose stayed silent. Emotions aren't made to be shown during missions.

Feeling a hand on her shoulder, she looked up and saw Jace giving her look to ask if she was okay?

She nodded after a second, as Magnus started talking again