#31

A/N: I WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT IN CHAPTER 29 I DID CHANGE THE TIME FRAME. INSTEAD OF A FEW WEEKS ITS BEEN AT LEAST A MONTH. SO ROSALIE IS A MONTH ALONG IN HER PREGNANCY. 

Rosalie woke up and went to the bathroom.

On her way back to the bed she noticed Jace wasn't there.

She grabbed a hoodie before she went to find him.

Walking into the ops center, she saw Jace standing there looking like he just saw a ghost.

"Jace? You okay?" She asked walking over to him.

"Yeah. I'm... I'm good." He said sitting back down.

"It's four in the morning. What's going on?" Rose touched his shoulder.

"I have to go through the rest of this surveillance footage."

He took his stele to his Stamina rune.

"By using your stamina rune?"

Jace sighed.

"Jace, at some point, you've got to get...."

"I can sleep when I find him." Jace cut her off.

Rosalie sighed, moving to stand in front of him, making him look at her.

"You also have to take care of yourself. Jace, I'm starting to get worried about you."

He sighed putting a hand on her knee, as she was sitting on the desk.

"Seven mundanes have been murdered in the last 48 hours. I think I know who's responsible."

"You ID'd the owl?" She asked moving away from the computers that were behind her.

"The Clave has no record of an owl-faced demon. Or a demon that possesses people that way. That face has to be a glamour." He said staring intently at the screen.

"For who? Who'd want to hide themselves?" She asked.

"I think the owl... is Jonathan."

~~~~
~~~~

Rosalie went to find Izzy. She was concerned about Jace.

"Izzy?" She asked walking into the weapons room.

Izzy turned around.

"Rosalie. What's up? Everything okay?" She asked seeing Rose's expression.

"Everything's fine. Does Jace seem a bit off lately to you?" Rosalie asked.

"I have been so busy that I haven't noticed. Why?"

"He isn't sleeping and he's obsessed with finding the Owl."

Izzy set what she was working on down and put her hands on Rosalie's arms.

"Rosalie, he's stressed. We all are. I'll keep an eye on him. But you can't be stressing too much, it's not good for the baby."

Rosalie sighed but nodded taking a seat just as Alec came in.

Before he could say anything, a fire message came through.

He read it and his face dropped slightly.

"What is it?" Rosalie asked.

"Mom is dropping by for a family dinner." He said but soon added. "with all of us."

Rosalie gulped slightly.

Maryse never just came to visit, it was always because of something she needed to do.