The Third Clan (Karai X Reader)

Requested by: Totally_Weird

-------

Word Count: 1355

The world had just been put back together after the black hole incident. But you, not having time-travelled with the turtles, were of course unaware that anything had even happened. You weren't exactly friends with the turtles, or any of the mutants. But you did do quite a lot of spying in your free time.

You were the last living person in your entire bloodline, a kunuichi and the last member of your all-women clan: the Matsuda Clan. Your clan was supposedly wiped out by the Shredder just months after you were born, but you and your mother lived. She trained you as a kunoichi until she died of sickness when you were fourteen.

Now sixteen years old. You'd come to New York tracking the Foot Clan just out of curiosity as to why they were in America. You knew better than to seek revenge. That was when you discovered that the Hamato clan still exsisted as well, but was made up of mutants. Your plan was to keep a low profile and learn as much about these two clans as possible before revealing yourself.

And as for Karai, she had finally gotten control over her serpant half. Mostly, at least. She was residing in the Shredder's old lair, acting as the new leader of the Foot and recruiting soldiers of her own. But on this evening as she sat on her throne, a feeling that she was being watched overcame her suddenly.

Karai stood up and looked around the wide, empty room. No one was there. She was about to leave the room to got to sleep when she caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of her eye. Immediately whipping her head in the direction, she spotted your silhouette outside just as you began to retreat.

Feeling her serpant half breaking through her skin, Karai hissed. She slithered with lightning speed out an open window and began to follow you. When Karai caught up with you in full serpant form, you stopped trying to run and whipped out your weapons instead.

Karai hissed again, letting her body morph back into a human shape with snake arms. You raised your eyes in wonder. "I already knew that you were a mutant," you admitted with an impressed grin, "but to see you change up close...fascinating."

"Why are you spying on me?" Karai growled, making the first attack.

You blocked her snapping snake arms with the dull edge of your sword, not wanting to hurt her. "This is all a hilarious misunderstanding, you see," you insisted with a light laugh.

"Excuse me for not laughing," Karai retorted, attacking again and again.

You quickly grew tired and realized that Karai was winning. "Please, hear me," you begged. But just as your plea left your lips, one of Karai's venomous snake arms bit down hard on your shoulder. "Ahh!" You gasped, falling to the ground.

Karai stood over you with a look of victory. But her smirk faded when you weakly pulled a round, silver crest out from under your shirt where it hid safely. It was the size of your palm and hung on a string around your neck. You weezed as you tried to speak before the venom knocked you out. "The third clan...lives....."

⇧ Matsuda clan crest ⇧

Suddenly, Karai felt regret wash over her being. What had she done? Why did she go right for the kill without even knowing who you were. Clearly, her serpant half was still not completely under her control. She knelt beside you now fully human again. Quickly, she picked you up bridal style and began to race to the sewers. Hopefully she would get there in time for Splinter to use his Healing Hands to save you.

• • •

You woke up with a splitting headache, wincing at the pain before even opening your eyes. You groaned weakly. "Father, she's waking up," you heard a female voice called from your side.

Finally, you opened your eyes. You immediately were met with the pleasant sight of a familiar face looming over you. Forcing a raspy laugh, you joked, "I guess you changed your mind about killing me?"

Karai frowned slightly in shame. "I never meant to poison you, just capture," she insisted, "I'm still working on controlling my mutation."

"You don't say," you heaved as you you attempted to pushed yourself into a sitting position.

"Be careful," a strong, male voice suddenly came from your opposite side. You looked over to see a tall rat-man walking your way with a teacup. He knelt and handed you the cup as he continued calmly, "the venom is gone, but it has weakened your body greatly. You should remain here for a few days to rest."

You were shocked by his lack of hesitation in offering a stranger a place in his home. But then again, you weren't complete strangers, per say; your clans once fought side by side, before yours was destroyed. "I am Matsuda (Y/n), the last living heir of the Matsuda Clan," you told him, then added, "you must be Hamato Yoshi, the turtles' sensei. It's an honor to meet you."

"Karai showed me your crest," the mutant assured, then gave a small head bow of respect. "You don't know what a relief it is to learn that our sister clan remains, even if only upheld by one." You smiled and returned the bow. Then, Yoshi stood again. "I will leave the two of you to talk," he stated, sensing that Karai still had some questions for you. Then, he left the dojo where you had awoken.

You met Karai's eyes, with her now sitting across from you. They were a remarkable yellowish golden color that made you want to just keep staring. But her voice snapped you out of your little trance. "I get that you're part of the missing clan," she spoke, her voice much smoother than it had been on the rooftops, "but I still wanna know why you were spying."

"Because that is what ninjas do, yes?" You teased. When Karai narrowed her eyes at you, you sighed and gave her the full truth. You told her a summary of what led you to where you were right then, and she listened intently.

Karai had heard about the devestation of the Matsuda Clan, but she never knew that it was the Shredder who'd caused it, just a year after she was separated from her true father. "There doesn't seem to be anyone left in this city that the Shredder hasn't tried to destroy," Karai sighed in enpathy for you.

But you were not upset. Instead, you gave the gorgeous older girl a charming smile. "Eh..what has happened, has already happened," you shrugged, "I like to focus more on the present, and near future."

Karai raised her eyes, giving you an impressed smirk. "So you wouldn't have anything against being friends with the new leader of the Foot?" She asked, her voice much more confident again.

"Not at all, in fact," you replied coolly, pausing for a moment before adding slyly, "I would not have anything against taking the new leader of the Foot out on a date this coming Friday."

Karai's eyes widened and her face immediately turned an adorable dark pink color. "A-a date?" She repeated in pure bafflement. She been trained in many ways, but never in how to go on a date with a beautiful girl like yourself. "I almost killed you last night!" She reminded you.

You chuckled, "yes, I know." When your laughing stopped, you gave her a wink and went on, "and I promise this date will be just as exciting."

Karai couldn't help but smile as you started to laugh again. She absolutely despised blushing, but she simply couldn't be mad right then. "Well, you better make good on that promise," she played along, now also letting out a light laugh. Karai had never even been in any type of romantic relationship before, but she couldn't deny the hope she had that things with you would go well.