Moonlight Dancer (DONNIE X Reader)

Requested by: BlueberryCheetah

(I was feeling poetic when I wrote this, so prepare thyself for fluff)

-------

♂️ X ♀️

Word Count: 1832

It was well past midnight on a Saturday morning when Donnie officially stopped trying to fall asleep. It was just one of those nights where no matter how long he tried, sleep would not come. This used to be one of the most annoying habits of his. But ever since he met you, a fellow teen-ager with the same bad sleeping habits, it wasn't so bad. Because he always knew you were awake too.

He got out of bed and slipped into a purple hoodie and sweatpants. He tied his mask around his face and positioned his goggles on his head, then checked his phone. He went onto Instagram to see if you were active. Sure enough, you'd just been active a few minutes ago. Then, he snuck quietly out of the lair and made his way to your appartment. He never did bother asking if it was okay to come over, since you two just had that kind of relationship where it was completly normal to drop by unannounced in the middle of the night.

Donnie climbed up the fire escape that lead to your window and quietly opened it. He snuck into your room and looked around. Your lights were on, but you were nowhere in sight. He got his phone out again and decided to text you.

Hey, I'm in your room, don't freak out when you get back.

He sent this, assuming you were just in the kitchen sneaking a midnight snack. But when over five minutes passed, he realized that you weren't coming. Concern began to rise in his chest as his heartbeat sped up. Donnie knew that you didn't have many friends other than him and his brothers, so there was no way you were sleeping over somone else's house. So where were you?

He rushed back to the window and was about to climb out when he spotted something on your desk that caught his eye. It was a flier for some sort of dance audition. There were times and dates that you had circled, as well as a location underlined in red. Donnie was shocked, having had no idea that you were a dancer.

And then, just at the base of your desk, he spotted an open shoe box with delicate liner on the inside. There where two imprints in the velvety liner the shape of ballet slippers. But the slippers themselves where gone. Donnie sighed a bit in relief as he realized that you probably weren't in any trouble; you where probably out somewhere dancing.

Normally, he'd leave you to yourself if he found out you were busy. But Donnie simply couldn't go home this night without seeing you dance. So he decided to go to the location you'd underlined on the flier. It was a public dance studio that held classes all day, every day. So it made sense to Donnie why you would be there now, at two in the morning, with no one else around; you were a shy person.

Smiling to himself, Donnie climbed back out your window, closed it, and made his way to the address of the studio. It didn't take long to get there either, being that the studio was only a few blocks away. Once he got to the entrance, he noticed the the front doors were unlocked. Donnie smiled in amusement and pride, knowing that he'd been the one who taught you how to pick locks so well.

Pushing the double doors open, he walked into the clean studio. None of the lights where on, but bright moonlight filtered in throught the numerous windows making it easy to see. The doors closed quietly behind Donnie. He could hear music playing, echoing softly throughout the wide open rooms of the building. Following the sound, Donnie slowly made his way to where you surely were.