No One Better (Leo X Reader)

Word Count: 976

Flashback

You hummed the tune to your favorite song as you walked down the street on your way home from a friend's house. The sun was down, but the moon shone bright enough for you to find your way. There was the distant sound of police sirens coming from somewhere far away. The sound was almost lulling I'm the big city.

Then there was another sound. A big crashing noise from...above you? Confused and curious, you looked up, but saw nothing.

You were about to continue on your way when something huge fell from the sky, landing right in front of you. The thing seemed to stand on two feet like a person, but when you finally saw what it was, you were frozen and silent.

There, standing in front of you, were four giant turtles. "Oh," the turtle said with a nervous laugh, "you're not a foot ninja," the orange masked one spoke.

The other three glared at him, yeling in unison, "MIKEY!"

"I'm sorry guys! She looked like it from all the way up there!" The orange masked turtle, Mikey argued in his defence.

The one in the blue mask sighed and walked slowly toward you. "Listen, we're not going to hurt you," he said calmly, "just please don't tell anyone about this."

You watched as the mutant approached you. There was something about the look in his eyes that made you want to trust him. You weren't afraid anymore, just completely shocked silent.

The blue turtle was now only a foot away. He looked down at you and shot a charming smile, "okay?"

All you could manage was a small certain nod. Then the four turtle men disappeared.

End of Flashback

You thought back to your first encounter with the turtles as you sat in the lair, waiting for their training to finish. Ever since that moment, you'd looked for them every night that you could. And after finally finding them again, you all became very close friends. You'd even fallen for one of them; the turtle in blue, the fearless leader, Leo.

"Hey (Y/n)," a voice startled you out of your thoughts.

You looked to your right to see Leo standing beside you. "Oh, hi Leo," you greeted with a blush, as if he had overheard your thoughts. "H-how was training?" You asked.

"Oh, it was good," he answered happily. There was an awkward silence before Leo spoke again. "Are you sure you don't want to start training with us? Master Splinter's offer is still up," he said, trying to tempt you.

But you simply rolled her eyes, "Leo, you know I'm too weak for that. Look at this," you protested, holding up your thin arm, "it's a stick!"

Leo couldn't help but chuckle at you comparing your arm to a stick. "Okay, maybe you don't have much muscle now, but you could build it up," he urged with a smile. Then he sat down next to you, so close that their thighs touched. He looked down into your eyes and spoke in a sweet tone, "I could help you, you know, privately."

You felt your face heat up and your heart began to hammer. Leo, too, was sporting pink cheeks and an awkward expression. Did he just say that? Offer to give me private training? Out of his own time?! You thought it was too good to be true. No, no he probably just wants to help me as a friend. Maybe he just really wants me to be a kunoichi. Maybe this doesn't mean anything...

Without thinking, you sighed aloud in frustration. Leo gave you a concerned look and asked, "is everything okay?"

You avoided his eyes, debating whether to tell him the truth or not. Then, you decided. "I don't know if that's a good idea. I mean, I've really liked you for a while now and I know you must not like me that way back and I don't want to get my heart broken and I don't think it'd be good to get my hopes up for something that won't happen like that," the words came out in a jumble, all in one breath.

Leo wore a look of shock on his face. In his eyes, he even looked a little hurt. "W-why wouldn't you think I like you, too?" He asked.

"Well, because, I guess I just always thought you could do so much better than me," you admitted shyly.

Leo smiled, "(Y/n)," he lifted your chin gently, "I do like you. And I kinda have for a while. You're a beautiful person, inside and out. I don't think there is anyone better."

Your heart skipped a few beats. You were once again shocked silent. You remembered the way his ocean blue eyes shone the first time that you'd seen them. They shone even brighter now. He really did have feelings for you. You weren't too sure what to say, you didn't even think you'd be able to say anything if you tried.

Leo chuckled and leaned his forehead against yours. You both closed your eyes, then moved in unison to let your lips meet. Finally, you could move again. You kissed the blue clad turtle like your life depended on it, and he kissed back with just as much passion. But it was a gentle kind of passion, very delicate and comforting.

When you pulled away, you saw out of the corner of her eye, Mikey. He stood, staring, with his jaw and eyes wide open. Then he smiled wildly. "I. So. CALLED IT!" He shouted, jumping up into the air.

You and Leo laughed. Normally, you would be totally embarrassed, but right now that didn't matter. Nothing matter but the fact that Leo loved you. And that would be enough for the rest of your life.