Chapter 17: Cathy becomes a prisoner and gets married

You should have some tea, then go home. - Heathcliff continued while returning to the house. - I'm alone at home. Hareton was away, and Joseph and Zillah I was on leave. Miss Linton, please sit down beside him. Other than that, I have nothing else to treat you. Has she stared at me novelty yet? Strangely, I always hated anyone who seemed to fear me. .if only I lived in a country with less stringent laws, I would let the other two taste a slow, extremely painful death. - He took a deep breath and slammed the table in front of him, muttering: - Why do I hate them!

- I'm not afraid of him. Cathy said, not hearing the last words of the dumbbell. She walked closer to him, her dark eyes sparkling furiously. - I will not eat or drink in this house, even if I starve to death. - She said. - Give me that key!

heathcliff looked up in awe at her boldness, or maybe it was her voice and gaze that reminded him of Catherine, her mother, because those were features she had inherited from her mother. His hand is on the table holding the key. she grabbed the key and almost snatched it off his loose fingers, but he came to his senses and pulled away.

"Hey, Cathy Linton," he said, "you stand out, or I'll knock you over now."

ignoring that warning, she grabbed his clenched fist again: "We'll leave." - She said. - Seeing that his nails were not working, she bent down and bit into his hands. We did not notice his expression right now. he suddenly opened his handbut before she could hold the key, he gripped her tightly, and slapped on both sides of her head.
.- You scoundrel! - I just cried, just rushed forward, but he pushed me so hard that I staggered back, stunned. This scene lasted for two minutes. Cathy let go, put her hands on her palms, didn't seem sure whether her ears were still there. Poor girl. she trembled like a candle and had to lean against the table, overwhelmed in shock.- See, I know how to punish kids. - The scoundrel says, sinister, while bending down to pick up the key from the floor. - Tomorrow I will be your father, and in a few minutes, I will be the only father you have. So, if you dare to get mad at me like that, I will beat you every day.

Cathy came to me and cried loudly. heathcliff said he was going out to get our two horses. My first thought when he left was to escape from here, but the doors were all locked, and the windows were too narrow, even Cathy's slender body could not get through. .

- Linton, tell the truth to us why must we be here? - Cathy said. - After all, it was because my brother had just come here.

- I'm so thirsty. Give me a cup of tea, and I'll tell you. - He replied. - Hey, Cathy, you're letting my tears fall into my cup. I won't drink that cup. Get me another cup.

Cathy poured tea into another cup for him and wiped away her tears. I loathed his calm now, when he no longer had to worry about himself. the anguish he showed on the wasteland vanished as soon as we set foot in the house on Howling Hill, so I guess he was threatened to suffer a picture. some terrible punishment, if we can't lure us home.

- Dad wants us married. - Linton finally spoke. - he knows that your father will not let us get married now, and he is afraid I will die, if I take longer. You and I have to get married tomorrow morning, so you have to stay here all night

- Stay up all night? is not! Cathy said, her eyes slowly looking around. - Ellen, I will burn down this door. I have to get out of here!

And she would probably find a way to do it right away, but Linton once again panicked at the thought of the consequences he would have had if Cathy escaped.

- Oh, Cathy! - He sobbed, hugging her in weak arms. - You must not leave, don't leave me alone! You must listen to my father! She had to!

- Only my father should listen. - Cathy replied. - What would my father think if I were away from home all night? Dad must be worried by now. I have to find a way out of this house. Shut up, Linton. You are not in any danger. I love my father more than him!