Chapter 11: Isabella escaped - Hindley's death

Isabella told me about the events of the night before at Howling Hill. Mr. Hindley and she sat by the fireplace in the lobby until almost midnight.

"I am reading some old books," she said, "while Hindley is sitting still, not moving or uttering a word for the past two or three hours." There was no sound, other than the wailing of the wind that occasionally shook the windows, and the crackling coal crackling in the fireplace. everything was so sad, so sad, and as I read, I sighed as if all joy had disappeared from this world, never to regain it.

The stillness was broken because Heathcliff was heard coming from outside Catherine's grave. He came back earlier than usual, because of the storm. isabella described the way Hindley looked up at her, looked at the door, then turned to look at her again.

- I'll let him wait outside for five minutes. - he exclaimed. - Don't you object?

- No, you can keep him outside all night, if you want. - Isabella replied. - Just turn the lock and stop the latch.

The hindley quickly followed before Heathcliff made his way to the door, then he stepped back, looking at Isabella, searching in her eyes a sympathy for the burning hatred in his eyes.

- You and I both have big debts to pay with the guys out there. - he said. - If we are not cowards, we can work together to do that. Are you as soft as your brother's? Perhaps she was going to endure him to the end without thinking of revenge?

"I'm tired of having to endure it," replied Isabella, "and I'll be very happy to get revenge." But betrayal and violence are a double-edged sword. They will injure those who use them.

- Betrayal and violence are fair in response to betrayal and violence. - Hindley cries. - Miss Heathcliff, I just need you to sit still and don't say a word. She will be equally happy when I see the end of this guy's life. he will kill you and make me lose money. unless we do something about it. Listen to what he does! He knocked on the door as if he were the boss. She kept her mouth shut for three minutes and she would become a self-made woman

he took out a gun and a double-edged sword.

- I won't shut up like a mussel. - Isabella exclaimed. - You must not do that. Just leave the door locked like that.

- No, I was determined to do this. - Hindley exclaimed desperately. - I will bring you good things, and bring justice to Hareton. Catherine is now gone, so no one in this world mourns me or is ashamed of me.

There was no point trying to argue with him, so Isabella ran to the window.

- You better find another place to spend the night. - She shouted. - Mr. Earnshaw will shoot you if you enter this house.

hindley angrily remarks to Isabella, because she had disturbed her husband. She went back to sit by the fireplace, thinking, how blessed it would be for her to be killed by Hindley. people. heathcliff had struck a powerful blow, shattering the window glass, falling to the floor, but the bars were too close, so he could not climb in. Isabella smiled because she felt safe. he stood there staring inside, his hair and clothes covered with white snow, and his sharp teeth gleaming white in the dark night.

- Isabella, let me in, or I'll make you regret it! - He threatened.

- I can't kill people. - Isabella replied. - Mr. Earnshaw is waiting for you with a knife and a loaded gun.

- Then let me enter the kitchen entrance. - He roared.

- Hindley will be there before me. - Isabella replied. - It turns out your love is also mediocre, can not stand a rain of snow? Heathcliff, if I were you, I would lie down on her grave and die like a faithful dog. Earth is no longer worth living now, is it? You told me that Catherine is all your life. I cannot imagine how he could continue living now.