16

~Mark's POV~

"L-Lucas?"

His name was the first word that came out of my mouth as I opened my eyes from my deep slumber, the last time I saw him was the time that he was laying beside me with his beautiful comfortable lullaby. But now, hes gone, not even his presence is here.

"Lucas? You there?"

Still, I got no answer.

I decided to search for him at the living room, hoping that he was there, but as I got there, I saw no signs of him, or even traces. I stood frozen, I have a bad feeling about this. "Lucas? I know you're just here somewhere, you don't have to hide." I heard no response, so I started panicking. I ran to the front porch and found none, I ran back to the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom and my room but still I found no Lucas.

"Lucas.... Where are you?"

"I'm right here." I looked up and saw Lucas near the window, smiling at me with love and sincerity, but there is also something hidden in that smile. "Lucas..... Where have you been?"

"I love you Mark." His answer was too far from my question, it feels weird, since last night he's been acting really weird. "Wait, what happened?"

"Wait for me, okay? I'll be back in a while." Lucas pinched my nose, giving me his usual loving expressions. "Where are you going?"

I then opened my eyes, and found out that I'm still lying on the bed, I realized that I was just dreaming. I sighed in relief, he won't leave me.

I started to look around to search for Lucas, but he's not here in my room, I tried to shrug my negative thoughts off, he promised last night, he promised that he won't leave me, like many times.

"Lucas? You there?" I called, but got no response.

I headed to the kitchen and did the same, but also got nothing, only silence. I proceeded to the living room and found none, maybe he was just playing games on me so I just sat on the couch and took a little break from looking for him. In the middle of the movie I watched, I noticed something strange, it's a very old fountain pen, I don't have the habit of collecting old stuffs, I don't even have that thing. The old pen was on the top of my small table.

No....

I felt something hard on the pocket of my hoodie, like a paper. I slowly grabbed the paper out of the pocket, curiosity striked me, but at the same time, I don't want to open it, I'm afraid that it was his last letter to me.

I opened the neatly folded paper and my thoughts were right. It was a letter, and a locket with his face happily smiling and my picture on the other side. I choked on my own tears as I started to read the letter.

Mark,

I will always remember the first day I saw your precious face, the day that you first screamed for help as I scared you, and you are so cute. I actually don't want to say this but, I'm leaving you for a while. It won't be long, promise.

Thank you for changing me, for bringing back my old self, loving you is really an unexpected thing, it's unexpected but it's the most beautiful thing that happened to me. You are the most beautiful treasure that I have, believe me, only you made my life bloom even prettier than before.

I'm sorry that I won't be able to say a proper goodbye to you. Don't worry baby lion, I won't be gone forever, wait for me okay? I will also wait for the time to meet you again, you're a good keeper of my words, I know you will wait. It's not yet our goodbye. You must learn how to fight for yourself while I'm gone, take care of yourself.

I love you.

-Lucas

"N-No!" I crumpled the paper, I'm mad at him, no, I'm just disappointed because he promised me multiple times that he won't leave me no matter what, and I trusted him.

"You can look at me now."

I cried harder as I recalled all the memories with him since the first day I met him.

"Your soul will do."

I already missed the cold presence of Lucas, his red eyes staring at me with coldness but I can also see the love he felt for me.

"Don't worry, I'm here."

They were right, memories can make you happy at first, but also can make you cry when that time was already gone, when they're only stuck in your dreams.

"Since it's yours now, smile more often, okay?"

I tried to smile and shrug my sadness away but this atmosphere without Lucas is way too different, I want his tight hug right now.

"Why would I leave someone behind?"

"Y-You just did...."

"Why are you being so stubborn?!"

It's because I love him, that's why I don't want to leave.

"I'll offer my smile as my gift to you."

This was the happiest day that happened to me, I brought back his smile, and the man he used to be.

"I won't be gone."

But now, where is he?

"And how could I steal the life of the man I love? You are my greatest treasure that I have."

I'm really thankful that I came into his life not as his victim but as his lover.

"I love you Mark."

I already missed his I love you's and his deep voice.

"Will you wait for me?"

I looked up and stared at the locket he gave me, a treasure that deserves to be kept.

"I will wait for you."

Because I know that you will come back.

Not now but soon.

No matter how long it takes.

I'll wait, I'll keep your words.

I'll wait for you, Lucas.