10

~Mark's POV~

"Well, so am I."

I felt enlightened when I heard Lucas' words, at first, he wanted my soul, but now, everything suddenly turned upside-down. Living with him is not bad at all.

"So, does that mean.... We're friends?" Lucas nodded, that made me happier than ever. "I love the way you smile."

"What?" I asked him, it's not because I didn't heard it, hi voice was really clear, I just want to clarify. "I said I love the way you smile."

"You do? Then I will smile more often." I maintained my smile, while he was just looking at me with his usual cold expressions. "Is there anything else you want me to do?"

"Just stay here." I actually didn't mean to say that, I just said what my mind told me to. "Are you sure?" I gave him a nod, he laid down next to me and stretched his right arm for me to use it as a pillow, I think. "Use my arm as a pillow, if you're uncomfortable."

"Thanks Lucas." I stretched my body and laid back carefully so that my foot won't hurt, and Lucas won't also feel uncomfortable. The atmosphere is very relaxing and quiet, we just enjoyed ourselves watching the ceiling.

"I haven't seen you smile since before." I broke the silence.

"I don't know how and I don't want to, so just smile for me."

He stroked some of my hair, making me want to sleep again. The silence filled the room once again, he continued looking at the ceiling with the same expression, I don't know what to do if he smiles. What would my reaction be?

"This isn't me." Lucas spoke.

I suddenly realized that before I moved in here, he killed hundreds of people, the kids and the older ones. He is a monster, but I feel different about him. He's like an angel to me. "I am a monster, I am a killer. I have no idea why I became like this, why did you do this to me? What have you done?"

"Shut up Lucas."

"I'm dangerous, you should leave and never--" I cut him off by pinning him on my bed, our faces' distance were just half an inch, I can see his red eyes glowing from anger, but slowly cooled down after. "You can kill me, you can turtore me, but I'm not leaving, this is my happiness, you are my happiness."

"Me? Your happiness?" I slowly nodded, I'm confident that I love him. I was born confident. "I was feared by everyone."

"I'm not afraid at all."

----------------------

I woke up and realized that Lucas was no longer by my side, it made me sad a little but I know that he's just here somewhere.

I forced myself to stand up and walk, it was successful, but it hurts a bit. I want to go outside so sneaking out won't be so bad, Lucas isn't here anyway.

I arrived at the stairs, I'm actually nervous because what if I'll fall and no one will catch me, or Lucas will catch me sneaking out and he will kill me because he's mad? But I immediately shrugged it off because I wanted this, I just want to go to the front porch to have some fresh air.

I took the first step, and it's okay, I continued to go down after.

Lucas isn't here.....

I happily went downstairs, but when I almost reached the bottom, five more staircases to go, my foot hurt so bad, it made me stumble and fall. I thought I will really fall, so I closed my eyes.

Then I realized that I didn't fell off the ground, like someone caught me. I decided to open my eyes and I saw my life saver.

"Who told you to come downstairs?"

"L-Lucas..... I-I was just....." Lucas just stared at me, I can tell that he's mad because I sneaked out of my room. "I'm sorry...." I added, wearing a pout on my lips, I really just want to have some fresh air.

"Why do you want to go outside?"

"I just want to..... Please."

Lucas sighed and carried me like a bride, he brought me to the front porch, finally.... Fresh air.

"Thanks......" Lucas gave me a nod, I took a deep breath and smiled. "I need to get something, wait here." I nodded and watched him put me down and walk away.

A few inhales and exhales later, a man just stopped at the front. His looks were kind of perverted, I just looked away, it feels weird. "Hey pretty boy." He called me, I didn't even know him.

"Do you mind if I'll go there? I just wanted to talk to you." He gave me a perverted smile, but who knows that it was just his natural smile, don't judge a book by its cover. But it feels scary. "I-I'm sorry sir, but I don't know you."

But the man kept on walking towards my place, until he reached me. He touched my thighs with his perverted looks, I really wanted to call Lucas right now. "Look how beautiful you are."

"S-Stop it! What are you doing?!" The man kept on doing that until it reached my shirt, he tried to take it off but I held it hard and with strength. "L-Lucas! Lucas help me!"

The man suddenly flew away in the air, and I can see a scratch on his neck because it was bleeding so bad. And there he was, Lucas stood in front of me with his red eyes glowing from anger, he was looking at the man running away from my house. Our house rather.

"I told you to stay in your room!"

"But I didn't know that this would happen!" This is our first argument, or fight. "Why are you being so stubborn?!"

"I don't know that there are bad things happening in this freaking house!"

"You should leave then."