13

"I don't want to sleep."

"Come on Mark, don't be so stubborn."

Mark was whining as his left foot was being dragged by the demon who became his boyfriend earlier.

"Noooooo...." Mark cried, making Lucas feel guilty, he knows that his only weakness is seeing Mark crying, he loves the younger. "Mark..... Please."

"But I don't want to."

"Why?"

Mark went silent for a while, and looked at Lucas after. "Because what if I wake up and find out that you're gone?" Lucas bent down to face Mark since he was lying on the floor, eyes full of sadness. "I won't be gone." Lucas carried Mark bridal style, the younger didn't argued at all, he was looking at the older with enthusiastic love he felt with the older.

Lucas then gently put the younger on his bed, and lying beside him after. Mark immediately laced his arms on Lucas' body. "Tomorrow, you'll wake up with me beside you."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Mark closed his eyes, arms were still laced on the older's arms, making sure that he can't go anywhere.

-----------------

"Mark?"

Mark heard a voice calling him, it was a voice of a woman, a voice he longed to hear. "Mark...."

"M-Mom?" the woman smiled at him, with love and a bit of sadness. "Mom!"

"Son.... How's your new life?"

Mark wore a pout on his lips while holding his mom's hands. "It's hard at first, but I made friends. And mom...."

His mom responded with a hum, teeth that are whiter than the white background around them were beautifully showing. "I.... Also got a boyfriend."

"Really son? Oh, I'm so happy for you! I hope he takes care of you the way we do." Her happy face suddenly turned into a sad one, making Mark confused. "I gotta go now Mark."

"Wait... Where are you going? We just met again mom, please stay a little longer." Mark's mom shook her head, her smile were still plastered on her face. "Remember this Mark: Be kind to others unconditionally, help others, and don't ever hesitate to tell the truth. I love you Mark."

"Where are you going mom?! What happened?!" Mark cried as he saw his mom being slowly eaten by the light, her smile didn't changed. And there, he was left alone on the white place.

-------------------

"Mom!" Mark suddenly woke up in his dream, and Lucas wasn't lying beside him, he was standing, facing the window. "Mark, there's someone outside." Mark didn't hesitated to stand up and go downstairs, hoping that it was his mom waiting for him outside as he slowly opened the door.

"Sir...." Mark's expectations fell down as he saw his Butler since baby up until 19, he saw no signs of his mom. "Wait, what are you doing here? Where's mom?"

The Butler handed him a stack of photo albums, Mark frowned and was confused on what he gave to him. "What am I going to do with this?"

"Your mom told me to give them to you. I'm afraid to say this but, your mom...."

"My mom what?"

The Butler took a deep breath and looked at Mark's eyes after. "Your mom died in a car accident. She's in Canada right now." Mark's heart instantly dropped, that thing he dreamed last night was her soul. "I'm going there--"

"She doesn't want you to go there Sir, that's why I'm here."

Mark tightened his grip on the albums, holding back his tears. He noticed that his Butler turn around to enter the car, he didn't hesitated to call him to turn back. "Can you stay a little longer? I need someone to talk to."

"Of course, Sir." He sat down with Mark at the front porch, opening the first photo album he had, smiling and crying as he recalled all the memories.

Lucas was just looking at them at the window, respecting their privacy. He felt sad for Mark since he heard their conversation, but he can't do anything because his Butler was there.

"This album looks old." Mark opened the last photo album, it's an old album like it's been there for decades or something. "Oh, that album came from your great great grandmother." As he turned to the first page, he spotted someone familiar, someone he saw on Lucas' family picture, someone he saw on his dream. "Wait.... These two were familiar."

"Ah yes, those two were your great great grandmothers."

Mark hurriedly ran to his room to get the picture, he ran back outside and showed it to his Butler. "Are these my great great grandmothers?" He pointed at the two women beside Lucas. "Yes, that was their stepfather and their mother beside him, and on the center, was their stepbrother."

"S-Stepbrother?" The Butler nodded, Mark went speechless on the answer, nervous and afraid.

It can't be.....

"Your great great grandmother had a son, and the other didn't marry. Then her son had a daughter, and so on, all of them gave birth to only one daughter and son, and you're the last one."

Lucas on the other hand didn't heard anything since he was playing his music box because he's bored, he didn't cared about their conversation.

Mark slowly entered the house with sadness and fear as the Butler went on his way home. He was sad because his mom died and last saw her on his dreams, and he was afraid that he made Lucas fall in love with him without both of them knowing that he was the last remaining bloodline of the killer.

"Find the killers' bloodline...."

Mark recalled all the words that Lucas' said, clenching his fists because of nervousness.

"And kill them all."

Mark reached the door on his room, he was hesitating to open, he loves his life and he also loves Lucas.

"don't ever hesitate to tell the truth."

Mark took a deep breath and opened the door, making Lucas turn to him. "Lucas...." Mark smiled genuinely, Lucas also did the same.

"What is it Mark?"

Mark slowly walked forward, looking at Lucas in the eyes. "Lucas, you can finally go home...."

"What do you mean?"

"I-I found the remaining bloodline of the killer Lucas."

Lucas' face enlightened, he's happy that Mark finally found them. "Wow, you finally found them. I'm proud of you. You killed them?"

"N-No Lucas..... I just want you to kill him since he's last one, so that it will be worth it for you....."

Lucas was flustered when Mark kneeled down while his face was facing on the wooden floor.

"Y-You can kill me now Lucas, I'm ready."

"Wait, what is the meaning of this?!"

Mark looked up with tears forming om the corners of his eyes, threatening to fall.

"I-I just knew this crap....."

Lucas felt uncomfortable and confused on the way Mark acted today. "I love you and I am not lying." Mark added.

"Mark....."

"I love you Lucas but you have to know this since I just knew this earlier." Mark looked down, he remained silent for a while then turned his face back to Lucas.

"T-They were my great great grandmothers..... And I-I am the last one alive."

Mark last saw Lucas turning his face into a horrible one with anger, eyes were glowing red.

Mark closed his eyes, ready to give up his own life for the sake of the demon he loves.