7

Mark woke up, only to find out that the house was very quiet, like the whole house. Not even the footsteps and the tapping of the nails were heard, just a music box that kept on playing lullabies as the little ballet dancer turning around as the music kept on playing. The sun was shining, the morning dew was on his window, like how beautiful it is.

It's just really weird for Mark, like he wanted to see Lucas, but he didn't know what he needed. He kind of miss Lucas, it's really weird for him, because he really wanted to see the other, his ghostly presence is enough.

Mark turned his face back and forth first before he decided to call out Lucas. "L-Lucas?"

"What?"

Lucas appeared near the window, the sun reflected on Lucas' red eyes which made him more attractive in Mark's eyes.

"N-Nothing.... I just thought that you were gone."

"You should be ready for work."

Mark nodded and went outside the room to take a shower.

A few minutes later, he was finished, he wrapped his towel all over his waist, showing his great body.

"Umm.... Lucas?" Mark called as he entered the room to change, Lucas just looked at him with his usual cold stares.

But deep inside he was tempted by Mark's body.

"Can you... Uhh.... Stay outside for a while? I need to change." Lucas walked to the wall and disappeared into thin air, Mark didn't cared, he's a ghost anyway. He walked to his nightstand to stop the music box from playing, but he accidentally dropped it. "Oh!" He reached for the box that was under his nightstand, and he saw something suspicious. There was a hole, since the floor was wooden then it would be easy to put a hole to put some secrets, the music box fell there, he knew it.

He dragged the nightstand to get the box, and instead of the box, he saw some other things. Like a pendant, some photos, and of course a family picture. "It's Lucas...." He opened the pendant and smiled, Mark smiled even wider when he saw some photos of Lucas who was smiling as well.

And now for the family picture, it really looks old but he can still clearly see the people in the photo, there's these two women that looked familiar for Mark. He put the things in his back and put the nightstand where it belonged since he doesn't have any time left. He ran carefully and then he saw Lucas standing in the kitchen

With

A

Plate

Of

Pancakes?

"Wait.... How did you do this? I mean, how can a ghost like you can cook?" Lucas didn't showed any expression and walked pass through Mark. He didn't cared, he just wanted to eat since he was hungry.

Even while going to his workplace, he was still thinking why a ghost like him can cook? Any explanation guys? Even the author doesn't know.....

The work continued as usual, chatting with friends, doing a thousand of paper works and taking a break.

Mark still can't stop thinking about the pancakes thing even while on his break, he even told his friends about it. "How can be a ghost prepare a plate of pancakes?" Mark scratched his head, the others were confused too.

"Maybe he's a poltergeist....... Who was studying culinary when he was alive....." Ten said, a few seconds later they laughed, it's very funny so why not?

"Seriously guys, the ghost there was the cause why my neck hurts like hell until now." Ten slightly laughed as he rubbed his neck.

-------------------

~Mark's POV~

"See you tomorrow Mark." Johnny waved his hand at me, I waved my hand as well.

I grabbed the pendant from my pocket, since it was very special to me even if it wasn't mine and I just saw it earlier. The other picture was smiling and the other was just a serious one. He really looks adorable when he smile.

And I saw the eyes of Lucas on my window as I arrived home, he was looking at me with his usual expressions.

"Don't turn the lights on." Lucas suddenly appeared on the living room where I was as reached the switch to turn on the lights. "Why?"

"There was a man, I think a teenager who keep on passing through, maybe a serial killer." I laughed at him, there was no way a killer would come here, I always lock the doors. "Maybe he just forgot about something. Good night Lucas."

"B-But--" I didn't let Lucas finish his words, I just went to bed and had my good night sleep.

--------------------

11:00 pm

I suddenly woke up when I heard a bang on my door, it was like someone's kicking the main door so that he, she, or they can enter.

I can hear their laughs, sounds like all of them were boys, and teens.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Of course! This is going to be amazing!"

"What if someone lives here, this place looks clean."

"Then we'll kill him if we have to."

I covered my mouth as I heard those words, I'm too scared to fight. So I just have to hide here in my room.

Lucas, where are you?

I received no response, I know he was just around here somewhere.

And now the footsteps are getting closer, I'm too scared of going to the door and lock it so I just stayed silent, not even my breathing can be heard.

I first saw Lucas under my bed..... Maybe he's there.

I decided to crawl under my bed to hide from those intruders, I don't care if Lucas was here or not, I must learn how to fight for my life.

Now the voice was getting closer to my room, and I can feel my tears rolling on my cheeks.

Lucas.....

I suddenly felt a pair of arms around me, it feels cold but comfortable. I didn't looked up, because I was so scared, I just cried, while he was hugging tightly.

I can hear the door open, and their laughs.

"Dude! There's a lot of beautiful things here!"

I then can hear my things falling, I remained silent, with Lucas of course.

"Lucas, they sound really strong, what should I do?"

Lucas just put his index finger on his lips, telling me to be quiet. The feet stopped on our right side, and then turned to us.

Lucas....

I looked up, and saw Lucas' horrible face, he's not looking at me but he was looking at the feet.

Lucas, I want to sneeze

Lucas shook his head, but I really can't hold it.

"No--"

*achoo!*

The guy looked down, he saw us, but I didn't looked at him because Lucas didn't want me to. All I can hear was a scream and them running away, I looked back at him and saw his perfect face again.

"Thank you, Lucas. I should have listened to you."

"Told you....." Those were the last words that I heard from Lucas before I went to sleep.