⋞ 07 ⋟

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER SEVEN
ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ʟᴀs ɴɪɢʜᴛ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER SEVEN• ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ʟᴀsᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

Once you wake up and finish doing your morning routine, you make your way downstairs. You enter the kitchen to see Jungkook cleaning and your eyebrows furrow.

"Jungkook? Up early and cleaning?" You rub your eyes dramatically and he rolls his. "I must be dreaming."

"Shut up."

You chuckle and walk over to the fridge to get the milk, "Why are you up so early and cleaning anyway?"

"My uncle Hoseok is coming over and you know how much of a clean freak he is."

"Uncle Hoseok," You grin happily. "I've missed him. He's the best."

"Yeah, and he's my uncle," Jungkook narrows his eyes at you. "Back off."

"But if we're being honest, he likes me more than you."

Once again, Jungkook rolls his eyes and continues cleaning as you grab a bowl and a spoon. You get a box of cereal and sit around the table.

Taehyung walks in, glancing over at you with a mischievous grin. Your body heats up as the memories of last night's events cloud your mind.

"Why are you dressed like that?" Jungkook questions, looking at Taehyung's outfit.

"Like what?"

"Like a nerd. You got the whole ugly sweater and glasses thing going."

"I think he looks good." You contradict and Taehyung gives you a small smirk.

"You're still a little teenage boy who doesn't know how to dress properly for a job like mine," Taehyung retorts. "I think you should be the last person to judge my style."

Jungkook glares at him and Taehyung smiles innocently.

"Anyway, I'm off to work."

He waves at you goodbye and you smile, watching him exit the kitchen. Jungkook narrows his eyes, picking up the sudden different energy between the two of you.

• • • •

A knock on the door interrupts Taehyung from his work.

"Come in!"

"Good morning, Mr. Kim," The new assistant greets. "I have the paperwork you asked for."

Taehyung pulls away from the computer and leans back against the chair. He grabs the folder from the young girl, but she doesn't let go.