Chapter 8 - Skill Games and Party Changes: Part 1

The party decided it's best to turn the "First Floor Tower Key" over to Clayton as soon as possible. I disagreed, thinking we should wait until we are ready to enter the tower so no one else can enter before us. This selfish idea goes unvoiced as everyone else is adamant in their decision. I end up going along. I'll lead the group if they want, but I'm not a dictator.

While we are walking, I decided to review my prompts. It's a hassle seeing the blinking red icon non-stop and I don't want to turn off my HUD. The string of notices is mainly combat rewards. Fortuantly, prompts from the each section of the dungeon are combined

Sewer Rat, Level 3 has died x 7

+328 Short Blade EXP

Loot: Rat Meat x7

I know I only killed two rats myself during the first battle. Based on what I am reading in the prompt, party members receive one hundred percent of the EXP they would have gained if they made the kill themselves. I wonder if there is a range requirement or if we could be miles apart and still recieve the benefit.

The usual EXP gain window follows that prompt. Short Blades reaches level three with one hundred and seventy-five EXP left to be gained. The three hundred from reaching the next level is passed up to my personal level, again being reduced by half.

The Personal EXP window opens and the bar fills up with the missing ten points, landing me at one hundred and forty out of a whopping one thousand EXP to reach level three. The difference between reaching level three in a skill and reaching Personal Level three isn't surprising. The golden light of Level Up erupts from my body and a familiar notification opens.

Congratulations Player! You have reached Level 2!

As a Human - Dragonkin, you gain 7 Characteristic points per attribute spent. You have unlocked no skills or features at this level. Good Luck and reach for the Heavens!

I skip allocating my Attribute and Characteristic Points as I have more prompts to review. I barely notice my three companions glance at me, then keep walking when they see that I'm still in my Prompts. The remaining Short Blade EXP is applied, leaving four hundred and twenty-five more points needed to level up the skill again. I move on.

Basic Slimes, Level 3 has died x 9

Total: +222 Short Blade EXP

Loot: Slime Ball x9

Not quite enough to reach the next level in the Short Blades, but I'll take it. Only two hundred and three more go now. I push through the rest of my combat notification to see if I make it.

Mutated Lesser Rat, Level 2 has died x 19

Total: + 454 Short Blade EXP

Mutated Rat, Level 5 has Died.
+70 Short Blades EXP

I remember hearing about the next notification from Brick and Tamos's chatter.

CONGRATULATIONS!

You have cleared The Sewers of the Southern Ascension.

As your party is the very first to clear this particular Dungeon, bonus EXP has been added to your rewards.

Reward: +250 Personal EXP

It's the last few prompts that actually surprise and confuse me further.

Congratulations Player