She gave me a sweet but pointed look, "I insist."

As Florence showed us into the dining room she gave everyone a seat.

"Darling you go on that end and I am on this end." she told her husband, "okay, where's Evalina, okay you will sit to my right and your lovely friend may sit to my left." She said almost giddily, like her best friends had come over for a slumber party.

"Let's move this along" the Alpha grumbled, "I'm hungry, son you're on my right and Gia on my left, Beverly sit in between your daughters."

"But that won't do!" Florence stated with certainty. "It should be male female, male female...it will throw everything off, Beverly sit next to my husbands right and Cesare dear, take a seat next to Evalina."

The Alpha simply waved his consent and sat back as mom and Cesare switched spots. I didn't want to point out that her arguments was virtually invalid as myself and Chanel were seated right next to her, plus, everyone knows the Luna is ALWAYS right.

The dinner was laid out on the table and the Alpha carved the turkey before everybody began passing the dishes around to be served.

"Thank you" Cesare smiled as he let his hands brush against mine when I passed him the bowl of corn.

I couldn't help but smile as the warm currents filled up my body, "y-you're welcome."

Once everyone was settled with a full plate a small silence filled the dining room before the alpha spoke.

"Your sister tells me that you've been attending St. Magdalene's, that's a fine learning establishment."

I put my fork down and gave him my full attention, "yes sir, I've been there for some time now, and while many times I've missed home, I'm truly glad for the experience."

"So well spoken" Florence said with admiration.

"Thank you, St Magdalene's instills in us the regular learning curriculum as well as etiquette classes so I'm merely a product of my upbringing." I smiled.

"Seems like they've done a mighty fine job." The Alpha praised me.

"Is it true that for the senior prom they get the boys of The Incarnate Academy to go over?" Gianna asked.

I nodded, "yes, and many of them find their mates on that night, of course they later go on and get married and have little legacy babies."

Everyone laughed.

"It's funny you bring that up, marriage, where do you stand on couples getting married who aren't mates?" The Alpha asked.

"I don't like it one bit."

"Oh" he questioned.

"No sir, I think it is a pointless Union to marry someone who isn't your mate, because when one or the others true mate comes along then it can leave a messy path." I said.

"How so?"

"Well first off one will inevitably be broken hearted, then there's the expensive and sometimes drawn out divorces, and the worst is if they have a child or children, imagine having a loveless baby...sure they will love their child, but the kid is too young to realize what's going on and could grow up resenting their parents...all of which can be avoided by simply waiting for your mate."

"My my" he sounded.

"I'm sorry you feel that way." Gianna glared at me.

I simply shrugged, "you can't possibly think Cesare will marry you, you aren't his mate." I said calmly but my words stung with coldness.

"Shows how much you know," she smirked, "he actually proposed the other night."

I looked at her and then at him, he had squeezed his eyes closed, before standing up, "Gianna, a word please."

Something about his calm demeanor and him not outright denying it made my heart race with anxiety, it couldn't be true...could it?

"I know you wanted to keep it a secret, but what better time than when our family is all together."

His father clapped and my mother couldn't have looked more proud. Chanel looked shocked and his mother, well she was stabbing at a piece of turkey rather violently.

"Gianna! A word please." He growled as he stood up before they both left the room.

I excused myself from the table before I found my way out the back door.

'This can't be happening.' I thought to myself as I began to hyperventilate a bit, 'it's not true.'

Too bad my heart was too hurt to trust anything at the moment.

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_

A/N:
Cesare's parents...originally I had described them a bit differently but have since went back and changed things up a bit.

Alpha Giovanni Minicci- Jude Law
Luna Florence Minicci-Jennifer Garner