- XVIII- Terrible thingS

Seoul, Hongdae

She had been walking for at least half an hour, but none of the buildings looked like the picture of the University on the web page she had consulted.
On the way, Mi So felt her smartphone vibrate in her bag and carefully took it out. Since she had left the place of the big black car, she had the strong impression that someone was following her from behind. Her mother had always told her to beware of big black cars.
She didn't answer Bo Hwa's message and started walking faster while glancing at her follower.
He wore a mask, sunglasses and a cap. It was impossible to see his face, but at least he was skinny. If she jumped on him first, he would surely pass out. He also stepped up his pace.

- What the fuck does he want from me? She said as she started running, her heart pounding.

The masked man immediately started running and Mi So panicked. She needed a plan of attack, she had always wondered what she would do in such a situation and had been preparing for it all her life.
If I attack him first, he won't have time to attack me, she thought, running faster. She stopped at an intersection and hid in a corridor formed by two buildings. Maybe he hadn't seen her sneak in and that gave her a head start. Mi So waited for the footsteps to come closer and at the moment the man would face her hiding place, she would grab her elephant-patterned portfolio ready for the assault.

- But where did she go? Argh, I should have just let her get lost! Suga thought to himself.

He stopped for a moment and looked out at the street without knowing which direction the girl had gone. The lack of air made him pull his mask down to his chin with his face facing the street. He just wanted to help her and he didn't understand why she had run away like that. A normal person would have stopped and asked him for an autograph. Might as well find her quickly or he would have wasted energy for nothing. "Seriously..." He said with an ugly curse when he suddenly received a violent hit in the back.

- Who are... you and... what do you want from me?! Shouted Mi So as she hit his follower with her portfolio. Don't you know that... Stalking people is punishable by law? HUH? Take this, asshole!

- AAAAH! But...STOP! He braced himself with his arms. That girl was absolutely crazy. I just...wanted to help you! Fuck!

Mi So stopped promptly. Help? What did he mean by helping her? She put her portfolio under her arm and whispered a barely audible "Sorry". Suga immediately put his mask back on so she couldn't see his face. His back was hurting a bit. He was already regretting his decision.

The girl's head was down and he noticed that she was rather embarrassed.

- I was in the car earlier, I heard you...He explained, looking away in case anyone was watching.

Mi So's face turned red. He saw me talking to myself...And he saw my drawing too. After a few seconds of reflection, she looked at him as if he was someone familiar. Even his voice had something her brain recognized, but not all of it. She cleared her throat and asked why he had followed her.

- I heard you. He repeated. Hongik University is not that way. Maybe I should have let you get lost. It would have saved me a lot of energy. He said mumbling, even though the girl could hear him.

Mi So looked at him blackly. She thought he was a bit rude, but the most important thing was that he caught up with her in time. If he had been just a minute late, she would have had a hard time catching up. She thanked him with a little irony and got ready to leave when she realized she had no idea where to go.

- Hmm. she said, clearing her throat again as if it were a mania. Could you indicate me the right directions then?

- Excuse me? Ah yes... You take the E line bus or the subway line 4 and get off at Hongik.