X - The purpose of the Universe

Everywhere and nowhere

On February 29, 2020 at exactly 10:59 am in Yeouido, a couple of young entrepreneurs are leaving work early to celebrate their achievement. The demand for their new gas heating system had doubled. Their research to make heating more economical and ecological had charmed many people. They kiss in front of the entrance and hurry to pick up their son in kindergarten to spend the day together.

At that moment, a lady is reviewing the energy expenditure table in her building: it was a shame. Who would dare to say that she managed a building in an eco-neighborhood? It was time to get back on track. She then read the latest issue of ChoRok magazine to find out about the latest ecological inventions and came across an interesting offer: "Get rid of your current heating and get a free installation of the new fully ecological gas model! Say goodbye to the naughty polluting heaters and hello to the green energy! ». The ones in the building dated back to prehistoric times and they were so difficult to turn off! She was probably going to order about ten of them.

The same couple of entrepreneurs spend about 15 minutes in a park with their son trying to figure out what would make him happy on this special day. The little one not used to having so much attention from his parents, announces that he still wants to play a little before deciding. The husband then receives an important phone call from the office that makes him understand that the orders are exploding. However, their couriers are limited and the delivery points are too far away from each other.

Right at the moment, a girl is getting into an elevator. She can't wait to get to her apartment. She is worried about her friend who may get lost and if she hurries a little, she will probably be able to catch her. She passes through the house at lightning speed but is eventually delayed for several minutes. The damn radiator won't shut down.

At the same time, a young man is cleaning his delivery van in a car wash in Yeongdeungpo. He started a business and offered to deliver to several companies. Today, he had to carry glassware: wine bottles, crystal glasses, jars of homemade jam, and blown sculptures to a man from the nearby market. But as it was too early, he decided to take a nap in the back seat of his car.

An hour later, the child decided: he wants to go to an amusement park where there is a Ferris wheel and then eat pizza and ice cream. His parents, although nervous, give up going back to work: their little boy looks far too happy. The trio then set off for a pleasant day when suddenly the mother received a phone call: she was begged to find a solution for the deliveries.

Suddenly awakened by the ringing of his mobile phone, the young man in the van rushed to the scene. He is asked to make another delivery. He was already thirty minutes late for the first, and the second was a special request with a doubled price. He still had to pick up the cardboard filled with glass from the market's recycling store. Running everywhere, he would rush all the way by shouting at passers-by to move. He couldn't miss this opportunity. He loaded the car and set off.

Not far from there, a group of schoolgirls were preparing to play hooky for the first time. It had to be that day and not another. All the seniors always told them about the crazy adventures they went through when they skipped school and today it was their turn to experiment. They started by testing no less than ten restaurants, then went to watch a romantic film and to end the day in style, they hesitated between shopping and going to a spa.

The amusement park was closed, they had turned back. Now the couple was fighting like cats and dogs. In the back, the child emptied his body of all his tears, not arranging his parents' screams. They were in the middle of the road and without realizing it, they had created a monstrous traffic jam. It was probably like that for all the guys in front of the traffic. They didn't know they were the guys everyone was complaining about, saying, "What the hell is the person in front doing?"

It is now 12 noon and the delivery man has still not arrived at his destination: his van broke down right in the middle of Myeong dong. He has to go down and run again to be on time. When he arrived in Dongdaemun, he handed the package over to the owner and to apologize, he helped him quickly spread the merchandise. All he has to do now is find some gas and get his car back.

In their car, the couple finally calmed down, but the child was sulking. Aware of their actions, they take their beloved child to the nearest pizzeria and also hope to find ice cream for him.

Every day, in the life of every living being in every corner of the Earth, there was always something or nothing that resounded like an echo, affecting the life of another living being in another corner of the Earth. As strange and complicated as it may seem, this thing or nothing gave rise to coincidences that scattered and dealt with the dispersal of hazard in the world in the manner of a blind game master. The distribution of good and evil, luck and bad luck, joy and sadness was then completely random and neutral. A tiny change in anything could differentiate a whole story.

What would have happened if the couple had continued to work? What if the delivery guy hadn't fallen asleep? What if the girl had thought to turn off the heat? What if the man hadn't waited for his order of glassware? What if the schoolgirls hadn't hesitated? What if the child didn't want ice cream?

***
This chapter might be a little bit confusing but I promise you will understand everything later. 💕
Please dont forget the little star 💕