XII - Hidden Beauties

Seoul, Myeong Dong

When we saw them hanging around outside in such good clothes, we wondered what they hadn't understood in "cover yourself well so that you can't be recognized". But still, it was not their fault that they were so handsome and so difficult to hide from society.

Jin had put on a black shirt, blue jeans pants and a large suede grena. Next to him, Tae Hyung didn't blend in either: he had opted for a collarless pale pink shirt - because Jin-hyung liked this color - and black jeans that perfectly moulded his long legs.

With each step they took, people turned around and took pictures of them discreetly. "Do you think they're celebrities?" Could be heard coming out of the mouths of a few girls who were lucky enough to pass by them. "They're too handsome" said some, "I want a picture with them" said others. Jin was even surprised that they were not recognized at a glance, so there were still people who didn't know them?

- So Jin-Hyung? What do we do now? What does it say? Tae Hyung asked impatiently, trying to read what was transcribed on the card too.

- Um...Walk around Myeong-Dong, one of the most active places in Seoul and have a good time, he read aloud. That's what we're already doing.

- I wonder what others are doing. V said with a sigh. If they are doing better than us...

- But we're doing very well! Jin riposted. We're exactly doing what's said in the paper. We're walking around Myeong-Dong.

- I know, right? Tae Hyung said with a hearty smile. Plus, being with you is already having a good time.

Jin just nodded his head. And wasn’t like him. He could be the cheesiest person in the world when he felt like it. Tae Hyung lowered his head. An unusual silence settled between them.
Actually, Jin still couldn't get over losing at a simple game, but he was doing his best not to show it because he knew very well that it was immature.

- Do you want to do a role-playing game? Asked V.

- Nah, let's just go to shopping malls like normal people ! 

Tae Hyung, followed his friend in silence. He wished Jin had asked his opinion. They arrived in front of a men's ready-to-wear shop and Jin took his phone out of his pocket, took a picture, recorded it and opened their fan-café page. He was about to disclose it when suddenly his partner stopped him.

- Hyung, what are you doing?

- Well, I am posting a selca for the fans... Don't worry, you're in it too! Besides, you look great in your clothes today.

- I don’t think that’s a good idea! Tae Hyung said by talking a little too loud. People began to turn around so they resumed their discussion by whispering. If any fans know we are walking around Myeong-Dong now, they’re gonna come flocking in!     

- C’mon, stop dramatizing… Jin replied, shaking his head. Oh my God, I feel like our roles are reversed! I'm the one who's supposed to warn you not to do anything stupid and not the other way...

- Pardon? Are you saying that all you’re supposed to do is watch me and scold me like a child? He said, raising his voice.

- I'm not saying you're right, but that's not totally false! No need to get angry....

Jin put his phone in his pocket and put his hat back on while admiring himself in the shop window.

- But I'm not angry! V did by shaking his head sharply.

- It looks that way to me, though.

- If that's the way you feel about it...! And why are we fighting, again?!