IV - The bad mood

Seoul, Gymnastic Stadium

It was almost 7:30 p. m. and the streets were getting cold. The four girls were standing in the long line that preceded the long-awaited concert of the evening. There were still two long hours left before the show started but we could already count hundreds of fans in the crowd. The Gymnastic Stadium was one of the largest concert halls in Seoul. It could hold more than a thousand people, but this number seemed very small for the entire assembly already present.

How lucky that Choi Yoo Jin was able to find tickets on sale on the net at the last minute! An anonymous fan had to sell her five tickets due to a tragic impediment and Yoo Jin spent the whole evening beating the price of the four against three other hysterical fans. She had used all her stock of persuasion, passing through concrete arguments, feelings, and then ended up begging for mercy. And in her heart she had already insulted the cruel Internet user who didn't flinch in front of her crying BT21 stickers.
Although it was not really the time for them to afford anything exuberant, it was an opportunity that did not come up twice.

Yoo Jin was really proud to have found these tickets. At least there was something to brighten up their evening. Otherwise they would have gathered in the living room to get depressed together and in the end they would not even have found a useful solution.
No one was talking; it wasn't really what she imagined of a pre-concert atmosphere. She looked at her friends one by one and their sad expressions ripped a sigh of grief out of her. She thought that finding tickets to the BTS Special Memories Concert 2020 would allow them to forget their problems for a while. It was as if this scam story was preventing them from realizing that they were going to attend their very first BTS concert.

After thirty minutes, the line began to move forward. At the entrance, there were security guards who checked the validity of the tickets and searched the bags. There were still about sixty people before them and some of them already had their light-sticks on. Yoo Jin reread the inscriptions on her ticket for the umpteenth time and grinned a little as she read "STANDING UP PIT". It wasn't too bad for a first concert.

- Are you all right? She asked Jin Ah, who seemed discouraged.

Jin Ah smiled thinly and just nodded. Yoo Jin looked at her two other friends and gloomy features appeared on her face. As time went by, it seemed more strange to her that no one was reacting, even if only a little cheerfully to the situation. She would jump around screaming, Mi So would be taken by nervous laughter, Jin Ah would have constantly commented on her palpitations, her hot flashes and Bo Hwa would not have kept this disturbing silence. Their sparkle of madness had sadly died out.

-Hey...Han Mi So, said Yoo Jin, elbowing the youngest girl. Don't make that funeral face! This is not the time to be in a bad mood!

- Oh, yeah? Well, I kind of think it is. Bo Hwa threw without daring to look at them.

- I am not in a bad mood, Mi So said. I'm just not in the mood. Don't worry, it'll pass. At least I hope so.

- It seems like it only happens to us, that kind of jinx. Jin Ah said.

Mi So rolled her eyes as a sign of disapproval and then leaned her gaze on her older sister. She had never understood where Jin Ah's irrational pessimism came from. After all, it could happen to anyone.

- What? You mean the fact that we were able to find tickets for the BTS concert at the very last minute? Asked Mi So from goal to goal while forcing herself to laugh. I know a lot of people who would die for that kind of jinx...

Her laughter must have sounded pretty natural as the atmosphere relaxed for a moment. There were only about ten people left before their turn. Jin Ah and Yoo Jin looked at each other briefly and each recognized guilt in the other's eyes. But there was not only one person to point the finger at. They all had their share of responsibility in this story. Enthusiasm and naivety had prevailed over caution and patience, and now it was time to find a solution.