00. Prologue

They had looked for her wherever she might have been, but she was still missing. The place where she sang to escape became gloomy, the market places where she drew became commonplace, her favorite armchair in the café showed only a mold of her buttocks and her room looked like a world that had just died out. She was gone. She had totally disappeared. Without leaving them a trace, a hope of finding her.

Sitting on the train, with her album in her hands, she had pain in her wrists like every time her emotions were torturing her. Everything was so painful, so painful that she would never have believed that a human could handle such intense pain. She had trouble breathing, trouble crying and trouble believing that all this was really happening. The train compartment was empty. So empty that she felt like she was seeing inside herself. She could still hear herself laughing at their side. But now she was alone, left to her own devices. She studied their features and expressions for so long that she could have drawn them from memory. She knew that one day it would happen. She had almost wished for it and now she was going away from them. Page after page she rediscovered each character in the story. It was like an endless film that kept playing in her mind. Every little memory, every little detail stung her heart, forcing her to no longer be able to distinguish between good and bad moments.

Mi So couldn't bring herself to forget them just a little: their love stories, their friendship, their promises and plans, the unsaid and the regrets... All this remained obstinately in her head.

And then the worst thing was to think about him. Tears would immediately come back to her throat. She could still hear the nonchalant intonation of his voice but couldn't remember what they had last said to each other. She could remember the depth of his eyes but couldn't remember what his gaze meant. She could still feel his milky skin on hers and his icy fingers running through her body. And she wanted to feel again what it was like to burst into a thousand pieces in his arms.

She closed her scrapbook when she got to the "everyone" page. Because it still hurt too much. Because otherwise, she would want to come back. And if she came back too soon, she would get lost again.

***
Please press the little star if you liked it my friend :)