Ch 52: In Love With My Crazy Wife

The longest chapter I guess! Enjoy!

Zain's POV

I woke up in the morning with a bitch of headaches. What the fuck? Where am I? I looked around and slowly everything started getting clear. I tried so hard to recall my memory, but hell no.

Suddenly I heard a child crying, I looked to the other side and found her mom patting the child's back. Doctors and nurses moving around.

That's when I realized I'm still in the hospital.

The fuck? What have I done? Did I just ask Maria to leave? Do I care? Anyways Falling for Maria was a mistake. I know she was hurt, but she covers it. I wish I never fell for her. I saw tears making her eyes glossy. But that's what I wanted, yeah? So why does it hurt?

"Sir, your sister wants to see you" the male nurse said and I rushed to her.

"Zain" she whispered and tried to sit straight.

"hey hey, lay down"

"where is mama? Baba?"

"they're home"

"it's good to be back" she choked and a tear escaped her eyes.

"Please don't cry, I'm  here with you"
She closed her eyes but then quickly opened it.

"where is she?" Zoya asked looking around for her.

"she? Who?"

She squeezed her eyes shut as if trying to remember something.

"don't pressurize yourself" I warned.

"Maria! Where is Maria?" she promptly said.

"you're not supposed to talk much, now wait I'll call the doctor"

"Zain I need to tell you something, it's important"

"first -"

"Zain" her voice a bit louder.

"fine"

"I don't know... How you got to Maria, but you may not know that I know her"

"I know that" I said.

"you know that? So you know everything?"

"what do you mean everything? She tried to kill... Kill you, that's the thing yeah?"

"what are you saying? She never tried to kill me, Zain how do you know her? Who is she to you? And why is she here anyway?" she coughed at the end.

The doctor entered the room with files in her hand.

"How are you feeling Zoya?" the doctor asked her, scanning her body, looking back and forth at the monitor and then at her.

"I'm feeling good"

"can you move any of your body parts?"

"I can, but I feel really weak" she said.

"that's fine, it's because of the IV fluids" the doctor said.

Soon the door swung opened revealing my family. With teary hopeful eyes, they barged in. They all ran up to her bed and piled into a group to hug her.

She laughed at first happily then slowly started to cry. Little sniffles escaped her nose and they all removed to see her happy tears falling.

"shukrallah, Alhamdullilah my habibti is back" mama said, kissing her cheeks.

Baba, Alisha hugged her too.

" for how long have I been in a coma?"

"4 and a half years" the doctor spoke softly and her eyes widened.