Ch 19: Reception

Zain's POV

I went to the office, and my secretary kinza came to my cabin with my black coffee. I knew it from the beginning that she had feelings for me, but I kept it lowkey. But I like her because she is really good at her job, and has always been my back up.

"thank you kinza" I said to her when she placed the mug on my desk.

"my pleasure sir" she said removing her hair from her left side, and her neck and ear were quite visible to me. I knew that was on purpose.

" Sir, do you need anything else, anything ?" she said seductively coming closer.

" no" I said her to leave.

" kinza"

" yes sir". She had a wide grin on her face.

" Please remind me that I have to leave at 3 because I have to attend my reception." this dropped her face.

She nodded and went out swaying her hips.

I have to admit she has a hot body.

         ***********************

It was 2 pm. And the reception starts at 4 pm. Today I cannot be late.

My phone rang multiple times it was mama. And I told her that I'd be there on time.

Maria's POV

Today is my reception and the first thing I did was call my mom. Ammu picked after a few rings and I asked her how she was and how others were and I also apologized for not being in touch with them lately.

Mama came to my room with the stylist and beautician. I wore a pink dress and came out. The beautician immediately started doing my make up and afterward the stylist did her job. Mama held my cheeks and kissed my forehead. This is the thing that is mama is doing quite these days and I loved it. She is so loving and caring. Not like the other mothers-in-law who are evil and torture their daughters-in-law that the TV shows or serials display, she is quite different than that.

They all left me alone in the room and I was watching myself in the mirror. I couldn't zip up the chain so I texted Alisha to come to my room. Because I needed someone to talk. Even though we live in the same house I  texted because I was not in a mood to walk with this dress and then I  heard a knock.

It's Alisha. Finally!

" come in" I yelled.

" help me zip this up  Please! we are already getting late" when I didn't get any reply I turned to look at her and to my surprise, it was none other than my husband. He looked really tired and his sleeves were rolled up, his tie was hanging loosely, and he had his coat in his hand. But he still looked devilishly handsome.

Focus.

I kept standing there and he forwarded in my direction after looking at me for some time, more like gawking at me. I wanted to step back but the dressing table came in my way. So I couldn't move.

He came so close to me that I could smell his cologne, and once again I thought I would faint.

Kill me.

He raised his hand, and it went back. He swiftly zipped up my chain looking at the mirror, for a second his fingers touched my bareback and we locked our eyes. The moment was broken by the knock.

But I don't know why I thought about some stupid cliche scenes from movies.

" ahem" Alisha came in.