Ch26: The Party

Zain's POV

"We'll be the 60% owner and you'll be 40%. so, is the deal final?" Mr. Trisk and Mr. Wood explained their concept about the mall, and I listened to them while sipping my coffee.

"No" I said placing the mug on the desk.

"No?" Mr. Wood quizzed.

"No, actually Mr. Wood your company is in loss, I'm investing in your company. So technically I should be the 60% owner. And you'll be 40%.
This is my deal. And if you don't like the idea, you can leave." I said to them pointing at the door.

"But, Mr. Qureshi that's our company. We have to save it. Please try and understand." Mr. Trisk pleaded sweat all over his face.

"did you try to understand? When you said I should be the 40% owner." I stood up from my desk and went near the window.

"My apologies. But can we please increase the percentage?" Mr. Trisk asked.

"fine, we can do a 51-49 partnership. Do you agree?" I said looking at both of them.

"no" Mr. Wood declined furiously thumping on the table.

"OK ok we agree" Mr. Trisk stood up forwarding his hand to shake.

"but -" Mr wood started but Mr. Trisk stopped him showing a hand. This showed that Mr. Trisk had more powers and authorities than him. Even though they were friends.

"pleasure doing business with you." I said shaking his hand.

"same here" Mr. Trisk said back." see you at the new year's party tonight " he added.

"sure" I said.

"And Mr. Wood don't come to the party with that attitude of yours" I said to Mr. Wood and he seems to boil in anger.

"Excuse us" Mr. trisk dragged him out of my room.

I heard them say something when they went out, I normally don't eavesdrop but if it's about me I definitely do.

"don't you know, how important he is for our company? No one wants to invest in our business. And you're ruining it" Mr. Trisk whispered to him.

"But Brian, he is getting the profit here, even though it's our company." he said furiously.

"because he is the one investing. Now shut up."

They left and I smirked at the thought.

           ************************

Maria's POV

I can't get the thought out of my mind about Zoya and Zain. It feels like a burden. I need to clear it.

I Called Alisha to my room and she came in with a thud.

"sup sister?" she asked laying on the bed.

"Alisha?" I went to her.

"you wanted to talk?" she asked.

"yes. Umm. Why didn't you tell me anything about Zoya?" I asked her nervously.

She sat in an upright position and folding her legs.

"uh- I thought Zain told you about her."

"so, what exactly happened to her? Do you know?" I asked expecting an answer.

"not exactly. Listen whenever I ask mama, baba, or Zain, they refuse to say. I don't know why. I and ashar are quite unaware of that incident. Ashar was really small when this happened, me too. So mama baba doesn't utter a word about her."