Ch25: Note

OK so before starting let me say something.

So in the last chapter, I told you guys that I will only update during weekends but the thing is I couldn't stop myself from writing it.

Enjoy!!

And this chapter dedicated to this sweetheart @starxlight14 for supporting me by her sweet comments and votes. Thank you sister!

Maria's POV

I felt as if the floor was a bed. Feels like a bed. But I don't have any bed, do I?

I woke up rubbing my eyes and sitting up. And I found myself on a bed.

Wait? How did I? No this is not possible. The last thing I remember was sleeping on the couch.

But yesterday night I felt someone carrying me and placing me on the bed. It was zain's cologne.

I was definitely dreaming.

The room was a little messed up. Tissues were lying here and there. And some chip's packet too. I knew that Zain was not here, but I didn't want him to see me on his bed. I quickly made up the bed orderly. I cleaned the room. Threw the rubbish in the dustbin and went to take a shower.

I applied shampoo and washed my body with the body wash (duh). I came out from the bathroom wearing a bathrobe. I went to the changing room to put on some clothes. I took out a red cotton kurta with black jeggings.

While I was drying my hair, I heard the door creaked open. I immediately turned to see, Zain standing there scanning me head to toe.

"Allah!!" I shouted and turned around, now my back facing him. "what are you doing here? You were supposed to be here at night? Am I hallucinating? You're a dream. You're not for real "

"ahem" he cleared his throat and this cleared my mind.

This is damn real. He is actually here.

"get out! Don't you have the manner to knock? And you don't just barge into a girl's room. Don't you have a little bit of courtesy?" I asked still not looking at him.

"But you're my wife. And my wife sees me in her dreams" he said standing behind me, I could see him through the mirror.

"noooo!!" I defended myself now fully facing him.

"Did you miss me?" he asked brushing his thumb against my cheeks and then my lips.

"uh-I-no um. Back o-off!" I said trying so hard not to let him distract me.

"why?" he asked coming closer.

I closed my eyes. The next moment I was in his arms and his hand was tightly gripped around my waist. He pulled me closer until I thought there was no space left between us. Our forehead almost touching each other's and I could feel our rush exhalation. After so long, I could feel him, that too, so close to me.

I tried to move a bit, as I didn't want him to get the idea, that I'm wanting all these.

My ego!

"Stay!" he ordered.

"zain. Please let go." I tried pushing his chest with both of my hands. But there was no use, I didn't know why was I even trying. He is like a mountain to me.

"I have t-to go" this time I said looking into his eyes.

He had the same features as Zoya.

Allah! Are they siblings? They better not be.

I felt adrenaline rush through me. First, feeling Zain so close and second at the thought of them, being siblings. My legs felt like jelly. I was almost standing with zain's support.

I closed my eyes again and tried to take in some air, as I was feeling suffocated. But it ended up being overwhelming. His scent. The rhythm of his heartbeat.

He placed his chin on my exposed skin between my shoulder and neck. As his beard touched my bare skin, it sent shivers down my spine.

"Zain?" baba's voice came from the hall.

He moved away from me. And I felt so empty without him. He took a step back still looking at me. He finally turned around and went out, yelling a 'coming'.

What is he doing to me?

He left me there confused.

************************

I went down and found Zain and baba talking in a very momentous way. I crossed them quietly but swiftly, as I knew it was very important. I went to the dining area and found others doing breakfast, I joined them as well.

Soon after, Zain came and took a seat beside me. During the whole breakfast, he didn't even look at me once. As if he didn't do anything to me a few minutes ago. He excused himself and said that he is leaving.

Is he using me? And I'm letting him use me? God, just kill me.

**************************

Zain's POV

Her touch is so tempting. So it's better if I stay away from her. During breakfast I tried my best, not to look at her and I succeeded. But I stole glances and I noticed that she was looking.

I went to the office I did all my work quickly as I had to attend a party today. I also canceled my meeting because the party was quite important to me. I had to seal some deals also.

Kinza knocked on my door and came in with a bouquet.

"Sir, this is for you." she said showing me the bouquet.

"who sent this?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Sir, I don't know. The courier boy delivered it. And it showed your name. Sir, we scanned it properly, and it is just fresh flowers. Nothing pernicious ."

I nodded and she left. I looked at the bouquet and it had a note in it.

I bet you missed me. See you at the party.

With love

V

****************************

DAN DANA DAN?!!!

It feels like I'm writing after a long time. I know this chapter is short. But something is better than nothing.

Vomment!!! Any guesses???