Ch11 : Threat

Maria's POV

My phone again rang. I finally picked it up.

"Hello? Assalamualaikum "I said.
No reply.

" Hello? Hello? "still no reply.

I hang up. I couldn't understand what the person on the other end was saying as the music was so loud and hence I went outside.

Ahh, fresh air.

My phone again rang. I picked it up.

" HELLO?? "I said it aloud.

" How dare you hang up on me? "a male voice said.

" Excuse me? Who are you? Uh, I think you have probably mistaken me with someone else. "I explained.

" no I have called the right person" for some reason I feel like I have heard this voice somewhere.

" Who are you? "

" Ibrahim Zain Qureshi. You're to be husband."I can hear an evil laugh.

"How dare you say that. And who the hell told you that you're going to be my husband. No way. So it's better if you take your proposal back. It's my threat."

"oh, my baby knows to threaten. Oooo I'm scared." I heard a gangster-style laugh from him. "You know what honey, you can't do anything against me. So obediently accept my proposal before I make your life worse."

"go to hell" with that I hang up.

How the hell did he dare to threaten me!!! Me! I'm so going to kill this scumbag. Just wait.

As brave I act to be in reality I ain't that brave and this is what struck me but most importantly what if he does something to me. If he kills me or rapes me? Allah. Astagfirullah. Please save me, God. And my family. What if he hurts them? Oh no. I need to go home.

"Nia come let's go!" I pulled her by her wrist.

"so fast?"

"please Nia. Just listen to me!" I shouted.

"Are you okay? You look pale. Did something happen?"

" no I'm fine I just want to go home."

"OK ok fine."

I dropped Nia home. And now I was heading home. The traffic lights turned red. I waited for it to turn green. It was 10.30 pm.

My phone rang. This time a different number, but still unknown.

I ignored.

It again rang. I picked it. No one was speaking.

My voice shakingly came out.

"Hello?"

"meet me now. I'm sending you the location !!" and here he shouts again. The guts of this man.

"and what exactly makes you that think I'll listen to you?"

"you have to. Your parents and your sister are at home. Your brother is at his friend's house. You can't even imagine what I'll do to you and your family. If you don't listen to me they'll suffer and you will be responsible. And I know my baby doesn't want that. So just listen to me!"

"how do you know that?" I stuttered, was on my last stage of crying.

" babe I have my sources. I'm sending you the location. And if you don't come in 30 mins you'll hear bad news and I'm a man of words, so don't try me" the line went dead as I heard a beep sound.