Ch 14 : The Day Before Wedding

Zain's POV

Tomorrow is my wedding and I didn't see her since our so-called date. After many suggestions, we are doing the wedding in an Arabian style. So like Bengalis have many rituals before marriage, we won't do those.

Mama and Alisha came with over 5 tuxedos but none of them were good.

"Mama I'll choose. Let me see"

I saw a black tuxedo which looked really classic. And I chose that.

"This is nice" I said holding the tux.

"black? Wear something else. Like red, blue, or white."?mama said.

"mama plz"

"OK fine"mama sighed.

Alisha handed me a box"  wear this "

" what? " I opened the box and saw a brooch.

" A brooch? " I asked.

" Yeah, Zain. It's your wedding! Come on. By the way, this matches with Maria's necklace. So you have to wear it "

" nope " I said popping the P.

" plz Zain "

" I'll see. Now go I have some works to do."

" work?" mama asked.

"yes, mama. Just a Skype call with the New York client"

"but it's your wedding" Alisha rolled her eyes.

"I always work."

            ***********************

Maria's POV

It's my wedding tomorrow and I'm not even a bit happy about it. I had so many dreams about my wedding. But it got all ruined. Months ago I was so happy about everything in my life and look at me now. I can't even laugh at jokes. Because my life is a joke now. I just want to die. Probably after marrying him I'll get my answer about why he is treating me like trash.

"Maria here is your wedding dress and these are the jewelry you have to wear. OK?" Ammu broke my chain of thoughts.

"yeah ok"

"and you have an appointment at the parlor. Don't be late. Because it's not that easy to get appointments in that parlor."

"yeah OK" I kept looking at my fingers.

"and take Nia with you" Ammu gave me the phone. "call her now"

"okay" Ammu left me. And I again started crying. My best friend is not talking to me. Yesterday I called her and told her everything about my fucked up life. She was so mad at me that I didn't tell her anything earlier. But I had no other choice. She doesn't even know that I'm forced to marry him. Because I know if she gets to know then she will grab zain's collar and punch him multiple times until he gets himself admitted to a hospital.

I heard a knock. I thought it would be mom or samara or Bhai

"I'm changing. Go" I was not in a mood to talk to anyone.

"it's me" Nia said.

Oh my God. Finally, she came. I immediately opened the door. And hugged her. But she didn't hug me back.

"I'm sorry na. I'm sorry. All this happened so fast. I couldn't tell you. I'm sorry. I know this is all my fault. I should have told you earlier. You can punish me. I deserve a slap. But plz talk to me." I got on my knees sobbing.

"Maria stand up. It's OK. I'm not mad at you. I love you boo. Don't cry" she made me sit on the couch and handed me a glass of water.

"Now tell me. How did this happen?" she asked holding my shoulder.

"His mother came to my house one day and asked for my hand in marriage." I told her.

"and aunty agreed? Just like that!??!" she was shocked.

"no. She was asking me several times. Do I want to marry him.?And I said yes."

"But you always said that you'll marry the person you love. Do you even love him? Wait a sec! How many times have you guys even met? This seriously doesn't make any sense"

I couldn't meet her gaze. She would know if I lie. So I couldn't lie to her.

"Ammu said that he is really nice, well mannered and that he will take care of me"

"so you decided to spend your whole life with a person you barely know"

"we went on a date. And he was so sweet"

"Really," she asked enthusiastically.

"yes. He booked his whole resort for us. Only for us. We ate our lunch. Then we went for a long drive. He showed some places and stuff "

"oh wow. So romantic."

"yeah"

"OK fine if you say so. I'm hungry. I'll go get something to eat. Netflix?"

"sure"

She twisted the doorknob and opened the door. When she was about to open the door she turned around and said" I have known you for a long time. We are together since kg classes. It's true that we had bad equations. But I still know you better than you. You can lie to the whole world but not to me " she closed the door.

" oh God I couldn't "

She came back and literally said nothing. We just kept on watching TV without talking. Ammu came in.

" Nia, baby please take her to the parlor She didn't even get ready. Please help me darling. " mama told to Nia.

"sure aunty. Don't worry." Ammu left and Nia was going through my Closet.

" I think you should wear this one" she said holding a yellow top with denim jeans.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked her.

"what am I doing?" Nia said innocently as If she had no clue f what I was talking bout.

"if you're angry just say. Don't behave like this."

"Maria if you are happy. What can I say? As long as he keeps you happy and safe I don't have any problem
But if he can't protect you then I'll break his jaw.".

"calm down my Mary Kom. Calm down. He ain't harming me."

" now let's get ready before aunty comes again."

"okay" now I felt really good. As if a burden was lifted from my shoulder. "you're going to sleep Over" I said pouting.

"obviously girl"

              ********************

Hey guys! Another chapter.

Like comment and vote.

And BTW, if you guys like an ad and slow song then listen to the song

Can we kiss forever? By kina

Till then stay happy and blessed.