11 : Draco

Song for the Chapter: Stay Gold ~ First Aid Kit

Draco's POV

Blaise nudged me awake the next morning. My head hurt like hell, and I couldn't be bothered to wake up. Thank God it was the weekend. I instantly thought of Hermione, and I wondered if she'd managed to sleep a little better than me. Probably not. I'd probably freaked her out. It would be better if I didn't invite her to dinner again.

"Jesus, talk about sleeping like a log," grinned Blaise. I punched his arm as I eased myself into a sitting position. We were the only pair in the dorm, and as I looked at the clock, I saw why - 11:30. I'd hardly ever slept in that long. What was wrong with me?

"Shut up, Blaise," I mumbled, yawning widely. "At least this way I can spend less time with Pansy." Blaise snorted and slumped down onto his bed, a smirk on his face. "What?" I snapped impatiently.

"Nothing," he grinned. "Just wondering how your sweet date night went." I grabbed my pillow and swung it furiously at his head, but he ducked easily and snatched it out of my hands. "Come on, Draco. I'm your mate. You tell me everything."

"Considering how annoying you are right now, I'm wondering if you are," I muttered. "It was not a date night, okay? I don't even know why I did it. Did you drug my Pumpkin Juice or something?"

Blaise laughed loudly. "Certainly not, although thanks for the idea." He hesitated. "You know, I think you do have a thing for her. You'd go pretty well together." Then it was my turn to laugh.

"Oh yeah, perfect," I grinned sarcastically. "The bookworm muggle-born and the pure-blood whose father's in Azkaban. Dream come true." Blaise smirked.

"Okay, I agree you're not ideal. But I bet you fancy her," he pressed eagerly.

"I do not," I snapped, starting to change out of my pyjamas.

"You do."

"Do not."

"You do."

↟↟↟

It was sometime after lunch when I first saw Hermione. She was just leaving the library, and she looked like she was in a hurry. I smirked over at her and flashed a toothy smile, seeing as Blaise was walking beside me. She rolled her eyes at me and her lips twisted into a small smile before hurrying past.

Blaise, as expected, burst out laughing and pulled me aside.

"See?" He said triumphantly. "She would not be smiling at you all shy if she didn't fancy you." He raised his dark eyebrows at me. "You know I'm right, Draco," he added, punching my arm. "Admit it."

I chuckled. "Never," I said. "Anyway, she only did that because she knew I wanted to impress her in front of you. If I was alone, she probably would have broken my nose and shoved me against the wall and killed me."

Blaise grinned. "Fair point," he replied. "Hey, look who it is - her boyfriend." I frowned and followed the direction of where he was pointing. Directly in front of Weasley, who was sitting in the library with Potter, bending over homework.

"Ex-boyfriend," I corrected him as we approached. "Apparently Granger punched him. Even better reason to have a go at him." Blaise nodded his approval.

"My thoughts exactly." Towering over Weasley, Blaise said, "Oi! Weasel."

Weasley looked up, his ears and neck bright red. "What do you want?" He snapped moodily.

"All right, Weasel, tone it down," I smirked. "We've only come to annoy you."

"Well, you can bugger off." He gestured towards the door. "I'm busy."

"So are we," returned Blaise, without missing a beat. "Do you miss Granger, Weasley?" He added interestedly. I punched his elbow, but he fixed me with a grin as Weasley went suddenly pale.

"No," he said shortly. Then, curiously, he asked, "Why?"

Blaise shrugged, despite my pleading for him to stop. "No reason," he shrugged. "It's just that Draco saw her last night."

Author's Note: Oooh, cliffhanger! This chapter got me pretty excited. Vote and comment! New chapter coming soon. :)