Chapter 6

"You're a good guy, Zach Dempsey"

"It's not possible!", Jhene exclaimed, leaning on someone else's locker, "Are you going out with Zach Dempsey?"

"Does everyone know?", I asked.

"It roamed the school in a matter of seconds, Balan."

"My God!" I buffed and I closed my locker violently, "Is privacy nonexistent in here?"

"Practically, that's why I didn't want to get into this world of popularity. You are already in it, which is fine, but—"

"Talk or shut up forever, Jhene," I said angrily.

"You're moving away from us, Van," she released like a lightning bolt.

"I'm not", I leaned on the locker, "I have my reasons to be joining them, which is something else."

"What is that other thing that is now a secret?"

"I can not tell you."

"You're kidding, right?"

"Why would I joke, Jhene?", I rolled my eyes and started walking, "We'll talk later."

I walked to the gym, where I saw Zach training alone. I was curious to see him so focused on his issue. I had not heard my entrance until a ball went away and I caught it.

 I had not heard my entrance until a ball went away and I caught it

"You busy? ", I asked with a smile. He smiled back and came to me.

"Nothing", he replied, "It's time already?"

"Yes, didn't you notice?"

"No...", he laughed, "I'm going to change and we're leaving, okay?"

"Keep it cool, cham", I let go, "I still have the uniform on. I didn't bring extra clothes."

"Do you want my sweatshirt or something?", he asked worriedly, "In Rosie's sometimes it's cold, that's why I'm telling you."

"No thanks. Change, I wait for you here", and he ran away.

I still had the basketball in my hands and I knew Zach was going to delay, so I didn't waste much time and tried to hit it in the ring, which was clearly the tripe of my height. The first shot didn't work, but that didn't stop my folly from acting and trying another fifteen shots, which were also unsuccessful.

"Need some help?", my friend said behind me, grabbing my hands and dragging them a distance a little away from my body, "When you're going to hit, don't concentrate on just throwing the ball. With more reason it will not be right. You have to relax and--", he threw the ball and successfully fell into the hoop, "Throw it, easy."

"You're great", I praised, "Are you gonna play professionally? I bet my skates will be the best."

"Someday", he replied, "I think my goals are to be a marine biologist."