Chapter 2

"I was there for you"

[2 days later]
Hearing my sister's voice on the Walkman made my flight sour. I heard every single word with a complete concentration... She was bullied. Those childish teenagers treated her like a piece of shit. Even though I was there for her, she was over. Her endgame. Now they can be happy. Jessica, Alex, Courtney, Justin, Marcus... This revenge will go so fucking hard into their lives. But first, I need to practice some backups. I grabbed my "special assignments notebook" and started writing.

October 11th, 2017
So, I'm on an airplane now, getting to my family's new town to my sister's sort of memorial. Isn't it cool? She killed herself. Even though she was happy, there were some stupid people who gave her life a tragical end. Why? I don't even know, she didn't talk to me about that. She wasn't able, I think. We'll never know...

Anyways, she's dead now. That's not gonna change. But here's the plan: first, I will get their trust, but it would be almost impossible because of my last name. I know I'll be a living gossip on Liberty High School, well, if my parents let me go into that hell. I'll take my friend Tatiana's last name, Balan, and get through the school unnoticed, if I even get the chance. Being Hannah's twin sister isn't helping right now.

Second, I'll be hanging out with them when they have a trust in me. Third, we'll see if my parents will do something and I'll tell them about every single thing they tell me about Hannah or even if it's relatively common about what happened to her. They will not get rid of Vanessa Baker. That's the truth indeed. The thing is that those tapes are the clues to beginning a trial to the scholar county. Maybe we'll win, maybe we won't.

There was another tape in the box. I thought there were only 13, but I'm terrified of what this tape contains... Actually, I did everything I could to put clothes in a suitcase and ran to the airport. Why the hell an airplane flight can be in three hours? Great! I closed my notebook and put the last tape. Hearing to the 13th time I heard my dead sister was really painful to me. Hannah giving one last chance to life to get better, and she got betrayed. I don't know what she did next, but I hope she thought maybe in the good things she was leaving behind, like our parents... Even me. I need her to be happy, wherever she is now.

[...]

I was now at the airport in Spain, already waiting for the really long flight. I didn't get any sleep since the news. Trying to take the first flight to California wasn't a good idea at all. I took the best opportunity to reach out for my family and mourn, although I didn't mean to go to the only flight that goes through three countries and then stops in my destination. Everything in the words 'You should be 3 hours before the flight' sucks when you have no sleep and your fifth dosis of coffee, so I prepared the walkman and put that last tape that I think would finish my torture.

Here we go...

There are moments I want to cry so fucking hard and I can't think of anything rather than: "Who will care if I die? No one?" Or maybe I am just stupid enough to try to be someone for people that wouldn't even do a thing for me.

It hurts like the goddamn hell when someone makes you feel special and then throw you to the trash. It hurts like shit. Sometimes when I say I'm okay, I need someone to look at me right in the eyes and tell me "no, you're not." and hug me tight.  I know you were that person, my dear sister. But I'm afraid it's too late...
Vanessa. you're the first person to have this box, because I needed to give you the reasons why I am no longer by your side anymore. I know you're sad, angry... Maybe both, but what I need you to do is the following.