Chapter 1

"Why?"

[Weeks before]

Vanessa Baker's POV

"What are you talking about, Banana?", I said "Don't even think about it. That's just stupid."

"No, it's not, Nessa" her voice has changed " This stupid town is... overwhelming."

"Does that mean that everything we've been talking all these months  was... Overwhelming? Do you want me to be there?"

"No, no, no. You're doing great at Moldova. I'm fine, Nessa. I truly am..."

"Don't even dare to lie to me, Hannah. Did you forget we're twins? I know when you're mad, happy, even if you're in your goddamn period! Your voice tells me everything, for God's sake..."

"Vanessa, stop doing this. Just... Stay in Moldovia and don't worry, okay? I'm happy here with Clay and mommy, but I need to go and study History"

"Bye, Hannah Banana..."

"Bye, Nessa."

[Moldova, 2017]

Walking around my place, I was wandering when my sister Hannah would give me a call ever since we last talked. It was really, really weird that Hannah wasn't calling right now. Then, the phone started ringing and I ran until I answered.

"Hey, Banana. How you doin'?"

"Nessa...", holy shit. Mom... I'm having a bad feeling about this. She's crying.

"Mom? What's going on? Are you... Crying?"

"Hannah...",  Oh my God. Please, don't tell me... "She died, honey. She's gone..."

"No, no, no, no, mom. Is this a joke, or something? No..." my tears were running out. Why?

"It's not a joke, Nessa. She's gone, baby. I'm sorry..."

"I'm going there. Don't stop me, please... I might be landing in a few days."

"I won't, baby. She was aiming to be with you there, but your dad and I thought it would be a big distraction for you and your studies..."

"Oh, mom. I wouldn't have, but now I'm going to... I'm going to buy the ticket, mommy. I'm going to buy it and I'll be getting home for her memorial. See you soon."

"Okay, baby. Goodbye-", and she hunged up.

I started to cry so hard.  My dear Banana, why did you do this? Why did you destroy your life? We were just fine and happy...

Then someone knocked the door. I tried so hard to act like if I didn't cry like a psychopath, which was really successful. I opened the door a bit and a mailman appeared with a box.

"Mmm,  e o livrare pentru... Vanessa Baker?" (There's a delivery to... Vanessa Baker?), he said.

"Da, eu sunt. Mulțumesc." (Yes, it's me. Thank you), I replied, carrying the box already in my apartment. I closed the door and tried to walk to the living room.

While opening the box, I started to remember who can actually send me things. It couldn't be Hannah, or my mom neither dad. I didn't bother to still remember who could it be.
There was a note above the Lower East Side box. I don't think those are actually shoes, though.

My dear Nessa,

 I'm really sorry to leave you alone. It wasn't my intention to do it, but I'm sick of this world and its bullshit. Please, listen to the tapes I put in the box with the weird machine I put in it. Each one of them says why I did this to myself and who are the ones who made me do it.  I recorded 12, starting with Justin and then Jessica, who each broke my heart. Alex, Tyler, Courtney, Marcus, who each helped to destroy my reputation. On through, Zach and Ryan, who broke my spirit. Through Tape number 12, Bryce Walker, who broke my soul. I'm sorry for letting you down again. With endless love, Hannah Banana. ♡

I tried so hard not to cry once again. Now I'm going to find out why she died. As she put in the note, there were thirteen tapes with a walkman to put them in, so I can hear her once and for all. Immediately, I put in the first one on the walkman and started playing...

"Hey, it's Hannah, Hannah Baker", her voice punded into my ears like a hurricane  "don't adjust your, whatever device you're hearing this on. It's me, live and in stereo. No return engagements, no encore and this time absolutely no requests. Get a snack. Settle in. Because I'm about to tell you the story of my life, more specifically, why my life ended. And if you're listening to this tape. You're one of the reasons why. I'm not saying which tape brings you into the story. But fear not, if you received this lovely little box, your name will pop up. I promise."

********************************************

New story! Now in English :)

WOW, well ... We'll start with this story from the first season of 13 Reasons Why, which for now has been one of the best series I've seen.

I don't know why I didn't publish this before, but hey. It's 2019 and I'm still slow: V

Enjoy!

Share!

 Vote!