4│Winter: 'I'm not a bad girl, but I do bad things with you.'

At home, I fell right in my bed. Today was probably one of the most stressful days I have had in school so far. Gossip remains what students care most in their school time. I got it, but I didn't want to be the one the gossip was about. 

There were so many crazy things that had happened. All topped by the invitation by Collin to come to his party. What was he thinking? I didn't belong there. Out of all, he should know best.

On the other side, one part of me wanted to go and see what this was all about. But my fear of being played was too strong, and this was just a charade. Still, I couldn't stop thinking about it. Damn my curiosity. 

My phone was buzzing. It was Thomas again. 

"Hey Thomas, what's up?" It was already the second time he was calling me this week. It was already becoming a habit.

"Hi, River. You need to do me a huge favor." He caught my interest instantly. What could I possibly do that he cannot?  

"Sure, how can I help?"

"Soo... Rowan, you know Rowan right? Quarterback of the football team? So get this: Rowan invited me to this party tonight, but he said, I can only come if I bring a girl with me. He said, there are always too many guys." He took a breath and continued talking even faster. "I know this is a huge favor I am asking. But can you please, please, please go with me to this party? You know that I always wanted to go to one, but I never was invited. I can't let that chance slip." He waited a few seconds. "Please, please, please. I will make it up to you."

He will make it up to me, so I decided to keep him on the hook just a bit longer, even though I would do this favor for him. He helped me out a lot through drama classes, especially in the beginning when I was feeling very nervous and insecure about myself. That's how we got closer. "How?" I asked, grinning. 

"I'll buy you lunch for a month." He suggested.

"Hmm." I waited for a better offer. 

"I will take dance lessons with you." Now we were talking. This was a good bribing point. I always wanted to learn the standard dances, but I never had a guy who was willing to go to classes with me. Okay... I only asked Thomas so far. And he said no. Twice. 

"Alright, I'll come with you. Everything for my dancing lessons." He did not need to know I was going to say yes nevertheless. 

"Thank you!" He cried out. "I pick you up at 10 PM. Be ready. And dressed up. You know what I mean. Dress and so on. You know the deal. Sorry." He hung up.

At 10 PM I was as ready as I could be. I wore a yellow dress, not too short, not too long, black knee-high boots and a black jacket. I straightened my brown hair because I believed it looked so much better.

I made myself cat eyes and just a little bit red on my lips.

I felt pretty. Usually, I didn't put the effort into my appearance because I think it didn't change a thing, but tonight, for once, I wanted to use my makeup and cute dress. My first high school party. So I had to put at least some time into me.

Thomas texted me that he was waiting outside.

I said goodbye to my mom and went to his car.

"Wow, River. You look amazingly beautiful." A bit flattered by his compliment, I grinned.

"Thanks, Thomas. Let's get it over with." I buckled up and he started the engine.

"So Rowan asked you to come." Still, this seemed very suspicious to me since I have never seen them exchange words or even looks. Like Collin and me, Rowan and Thomas played in totally different leagues and interfered not in the same circles.