2│Winter: 'I don't know how to breathe. For real.'

Tuesday started off with Spanish, which went by just fine. Entering U.S. history class, my stomach made a little turn when I didn't see Collin Looking-freaking-amazing Harris. Even though we never spoke a word to each other, I always looked out for him. Because of my previous explanation. 

Maybe he already had enough of school after the first day. Since he was a junior, had a car and enough attitude, he skipped history more than I could count on both my hands. But for some reason, I doubted that he skipped class already on second day. I bet he even enjoyed school to a certain degree, because of all the attention and friends he had here  but nowhere else. 

I wish I was that relaxed and could just enjoy being here all day long. 

I sat down in my seat and got my book out. I prepared myself for a long hour. We were still talking about World War I. I know it's a highly important topic, but Mr. Stein was just plain boring so no one really paid attention, not even me, and I cared a lot about my grades. 

Mr. Stein entered the class and immediately a tired mood spread across the students.

I put my arms on my book and in my head in them. I looked at Mr. Stein without really paying attention. Some students around me even closed their eyes, but that was just too rude in my opinion. 

I looked straight ahead and imagined Collin and me together. On some beach. Far, far, away from this cold and wet city. 

"Alright, listen up. Today we will talk about the act that started World War I. Finally right? Just talking about events that lead to World War I made us all curious how it all went down." Mr. Stein had this undying enthusiasm for historical events. Unfortuately, my little day dream plopped and he took me right back to the classroom. I sighed silentely. I often, sometimes too often, imagined myself in pointless situations which will never ever happen to me. Like Collin would ever take me to a beach. 

But before he could dive into why the war had started, the door opened and Collin came in. Just not Collin looking like Collin.

I put my hand in front of my mouth in shock. I have never seen anything like this before. 

Collin Today-looking-like-an-old-woman Harris. 

He wore a white blouse and a tight pencil skirt. He even managed to find high heels for his feet and on top of his head was a big blue hat.

It was clear for everyone who he was imitating: our beloved principal Ms. Howard. 

Ms. Howard is an older lady who always wore the same outfit, just in different colors. And her specialty is a huge hat she always wore when she was out of her office. 

"Mr. Stein, I wanted to observe your class for my yearly feedback," Collin said in a high pitched voice. Oh god, oh god. This was so cringy. 

Mr. Stein was stunned, like practically everyone else, so he didn't react instantly. I couldn't blame him to be fair. 

"What the...," was all he was saying after a few seconds of complete silence. 

The first students started to laugh awkwardly and got their smartphones out to save this moment for eternity.

"Holy crap," those words slipped out of me before I could suppress them. Some students turned to me, looking at me half amused half in shock. I didn't usually swear, or say something they should pay attention to in that matter, but this just broke my swear-silence. 

Mr. Stein seemed to unfreeze from the situation and got his attitude back. He was probably more furious about the interruption to his special World War I topic than the obvious disrespect towards Ms. Howard.