Chapter 15

© WrittingNinja 2012 The Reaper’s Keeper

Chapter 15

                The room was quiet. Not a sound left the lips of the people in the council room. Everyone knew what was about to happen. A trickling laughter came from Dyson’s throat. “Dear Freak, we have no choice. Your plans have failed, and there is nowhere else for us to turn.” He said, giving Susan Trinity a long look. He dared her to speak against him. She was a freak in his eyes. She wasn’t Angel, Reaper, or even human. She was a filthy mutt that didn’t deserve to live. He didn’t know what drove him all those years ago. He promised that he would cause peace between the worlds. All he did was cause another war.

                The elderly woman looked broken. Her dull eyes looked down at her wrinkled hands. They twisted around each other in her lap, her thumbs counting each wrinkle on her knuckles. The sparkle in her eye was a tear at the corner of it. She didn’t know what to do now… All these years of trying to protect her only family were about to be ripped to pieces. Her hands stilled, and she suddenly felt empty inside. “If they rid the earth of Evalyn…” She thought sadly. “Then they’ll rid this world of me.”

                Dyson took her silence as a victory. He always knew she feared him and the others. He thrived in the power he had over them all. He felt his lips curl upward in a smirk. Nothing felt better than this feeling he had now. He longed for the day to finally put things into motion. He longed for this day. He turned to the room, standing up slowly. He made his way to the front, and gave everyone in the room a long, hard stare. He wanted everyone’s attention.

                He raised his hands up, motioning towards the council. “The time has finally come, and the Curse can be stopped at last.” He started. This was going to be the final point. He would win over the Angels and even the Reapers with this one. He would make sure of it. “The war between the supernatural and Humans can finally end! We’ve spent long years trying to keep peace between humans… but there was always, always something that stopped us.” He spoke with authority, and almost relief.

                “The chance has come… The people responsible have finally been found after several decades. Our life has been a waste up to this point. We have found the human, and the Angel of Death.” He said, smiling slightly at the gasps throughout the room. It was time they all knew the truth. They needed to know, so that he could end it all now. “You all know what we must do! We must end this curse before it has the chance to repeat history, to repeat a war!” He exclaimed, earning cheers from a few of the beasts in the room. “We must end a war before it can begin!” He exclaimed more passionately. The entire room erupted into cheers as a result. He felt alive now.

                “This is our chance! Our chance to take back the mistake we once made! We are finally going to live in peace! This world of ours has been infected by freaks!” He shouted. Susan knew what was going to happen now. She was what Dyson was calling ‘freak’. Was it fair? Of course it wasn’t… but what could she do about any of it? She had to take it. She noticed the glares she was now getting from both the Angels and Reapers. To them, they were finally seeing what Dyson was putting before them, a freak.

                Dyson continued his war speech. He was more proud now than ever before. “WE finally have the chance we would die for! We have the chance to rid both worlds of freaks!” He slung a finger towards Susan, a triumphant look that made him look darker than any Reaper. “To rid this world of her!” He announced. Everyone erupted at that point. The room was filled with the cries of war, and Susan was left sliding deeper into her council seat. This was it, she thought.