Chapter 12

© WrittingNinja 2012 “The Reaper’s Keeper”

Soooo I bet you guys have been waiting for another chapter huh? xD Well, here it is. I’m throwing in some character development to kinda get the story moving along… so, you will have a Kuro and Evalyn moment in this chapter and maybe a Mason Evalyn moment… I don’t know who will end up with Evalyn… I’m still kinda sketchy about it… Why don’t you guys leave a comment and tell me who you think should end up being with her. The Angel, or the Reaper?

Please remember that this is in the Watty Awards… and I’m competing against a big time Wattpad author. I would love to be at least on the list for voting… could you guys help me out on that? I’ll need votes, reads, and comments. Please though only vote and stuff if you think it’s a good enough story to be in the Watty Awards.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter. ^ ^

Chapter 12

                Razael looked down at Mason. The cold look in his eyes was enough to freeze over Hell. What Mason saw though, was so out of character that it made Mason put down his guard. Razael, Angel of Death, softened his eyes at Mason, and pulled him into a hug. “Dear young Angel, you’ve been tricked…” He said quietly to Mason. “If only you knew my true motives… not the lies they have told you in order for you to follow them. Dear young Angel, would you care to listen to an old Angel’s last words?”

     His voice was gentle, fatherly. It threw Mason off, but he didn’t understand… maybe if he listened to him, he would find out something useful for Dyson. “Old Angel,” He began. “I have come to kill you on orders of the Council, why do you embrace me as if I am of your flesh?” He asked, wondering why the Angel of Death was treating him like a son. The old Angel smiled very faintly, almost as if it pained him to be asked. “My dear, Young angel… You were destined to hear these words… Mason, you were destined to protect the one closest, and most dear to my soul… my Love.”

     Mason looked confused. Destined? It made it sound like he didn’t have a path of his own… but then again, what Angel ever did? Those who stray from their path fall, and the fallen turn into cursed creatures of the shadows. “Old Angel, you speak of someone else… I am destined to rule the court!” Mason said firmly. That was his destiny! It was always told that he would be the Guardian Angel, the one that lead the Angels and other beings.

     “Those who stray, are never forgotten Young Angel…” the Old Angel said. “They may be feared, or threatened, but they will never be forgotten…” He said quietly. “Young angel, will you listen to what your true Destiny is?” He asked Mason, always keeping his voice clam and gentle. It was hard for Mason to think of him as evil, or even Fallen.

     “Old Angel, you claim to know my true destiny… I’ll listen to you, but tell me of something that will happen along this path you claim I follow. If it happens, then I will follow the path that you have seen me take.” Mason spoke firmly, not really believing in the Old Angel’s words.

     “Young Angel, you will receive the job of watching over a young girl… Her name is unclear to me, but the job will require you to act as her friend… you will grow attached to her. That is when you will start to believe me… After you learn that there is a Demon hiding behind the face of an Angel, you will call the girl by her true name… when she hears it, she will awaken the true bond she has with her Reaper.” The Old Angel spoke as if he saw everything himself, confident in what he spoke. Mason wasn’t sure. But something wasn’t right.

     “Old Angel, you speak the future that I cannot see, and yet you still say that this is the truth? If it is, then what name would I call this girl?” Mason asked, wanting to know exactly what he would say. The Old Angel shook his head. “Young Angel, I cannot tell you. You will know it when the time comes. I must tell you what is to happen now.” He said, pulling Mason’s sword from his hands.