Chapter 3

Tʜᴇ Rᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ's Kᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ © WrittingNinja 2011-2012

Wᴀᴛᴛʏ Aᴡᴀʀᴅs 2012

Please ignore ALL mistakes! Reasons in the author's note at the end of this chapter.

Chapter three - The Mind Games

     I didn't want to let the Reaper know that I could see him. I acted as if he were not there and continued to pull out of the parking lot of the church. Look at me... I'm actually starting to believe this man is a reaper.

     "If you can't see that I'm a Reaper... then you are truly as stupid as you look." The man's voice echoed throughout the car. I rolled my eyes. Seriously? "Yes, Seriously." The man said mockingly.

     I turned towards him. I wasn't going to let this man annoy me. "Who are you, what are you doing in my car, and why are you dressed like that?" I said as I motioned towards the cape he had on. The man chuckled in a dark manor. "Well steak fingers, I'm a Reaper first of all." He leaned back in the seat, folding his arms behind his head as he talked. "My name is none of your concern; I'm here to kill you before you get the chance to become my Keeper." He said in an amused voice. "Now, forget to stop at this red light so the 18 wheeler can run your car over!" He said cheerfully.

     I slammed on my breaks at the red light. I almost didn't even realize it. I looked around to see the big truck going at his green light. I sighed and turned to the man. "Listen, Reaper. Don't call me steak fingers, leave me out of all of your... games... and make sure to never come back. I don't have time to play with you." I spat. I still couldn't believe a Reaper was in front of me. This is what my grandmother warned me about before I left.

     To soul bond with the Reaper of my generation.

     I huffed as he looked away. "You don't have to worry about me then. I don't plan on being your Keeper." I said honestly. I'd have to be crazy to keep track of this lunatic. I mean how old was he? My age? He sounded like it, but he just gave off that childish aura.

     The man chuckled. "My, My... You apparently don't know your history do you?" He leaned in closer towards me, but stopped at my ear. I could fill his chilling breath run down my neck, then my spine. "I killed your parents... and I will keep killing until my hunger is satisfied..." He said darkly.

     I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted this man out! As soon as I got the feeling back in my body, I turned to face the man. He was gone. I quickly looked over the car and the streets outside. He wasn't in sight. Good. That mind reading thing sure came in handy.

     Soon I'd be back home... And back to my normal life.

-------

      "Mason! Is this really necessary?" I complained. I just got back and my friends decided I needed to go out. Mason grinned at me. "Of course it is! What would you ever do if I wasn't there to help you out of your hermit habits?" I huffed. "I was out just moments ago! I want to stay home!" I snapped, causing him to roll his eyes. "Whatever. You're coming to spend time with us!"

     Now I was literally being dragged out of my apartment by Mason. "Let. Me. Go!" I shouted, trying to loosen the grip he had on my wrist.

     Before I knew it, I was in the car and now on my way to a local Cafe that my friends and I used to go to. I stayed silent the whole way in protest to it all.

     "Come on Evie." Jane nudged my side, making me glare at her softly. "I want to go home." I said stubbornly, turning my attention to the window again. I heard Jane sigh from my side and the car fell in silence again.

     The car suddenly jerked forward, taking me with it. I would have gone through the windshield if Mason hadn't have put his arm up to keep me in my seat. Jane was screaming from the backseat still, causing both Mason and I to turn and glare at her. "Shut it Jane!" We snapped in unison. Jane quickly stopped and gave us shocked looks before glaring at Mason, the driver. "What was that for?!" She screeched causing me to wince at the sound. Mason turned back to the road, confusion crossing his features. "There was someone in the road... just suddenly... I-I hope I didn't..." He trailed off.

     I got out of the car, slamming the door shut behind me. I walked to the front of the car and looked around. I already knew who that someone was, and he was REALLY pissing me off now. "Get out. Now." I snapped lowly. I didn't want my friends thinking I was crazy.

     A sudden low chuckle came from beside me. I turned to see the Reaper again. "You should have seen the look on your Face Steak." He said jokingly. I glared at him, resisting the urge to give him the finger. "That was uncalled for. You nearly killed us!" I snapped more loudly.

     "Um Evalyn?" I heard Jane call from the car. I turned to look at them and sighed. Mason and Jane were giving me the most sympathetic looks ever. They surely thought I was crazy. "Sorry... I'm coming." I turned to face the Reaper again, but he was gone. I clenched my fists. I could tell he was going to be a pest until he killed me, or I bonded to him as his Keeper.

      Which would be easier?

     I would think it over later.

-----------------------------------

What do you think of Death? xDDD I want to see what you guys think will happen.

I hope you enjoyed the book! Rememebr this is my Watty Awards entry for 2012!! So please support the book, share it with others and all that jazz! xDD It would help! Thanks everyone!