Prolouge

© WrittingNinja 2011-2012 "The Reaper's Keeper"

Tʜᴇ Rᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ's Kᴇᴇᴘᴇʀ

Pʀᴏʟᴏᴜɢᴇ

☫ ~~~~~ ☠ ~~~~~ ☫

     We have all heard the different stories of the Grim Reapers. Some have been told for many centuries. Some claim to have seen this Angel of Death, while others just use it as a scapegoat to their crimes.

     Whatever the reason. we have all heard about Grim Reapers at least once in our lives.

     This is a story you may not have heard about. Trust me young spirit, this tale has lived longer than any other. This story is about the start of your kind, The Keepers.

     Once in a time where death was a rare thing, there lived a young woman by the name of Areial. She was a human of a special gift. She could see Angels! Yes my child, Angels! Why do you give me such a look? Of course there were Angels my dear.

     Areial could see and talk with these Angels and that is how she came to meet Azrael. Oh young spirit, I see you tremble at that name. Do not worry child, I will get through this story quickly.

     Azrael wasn't just an Angel. He was the Angel of Death, a Grim Reaper in other words. Oh but Areial knew that he was the most beautiful of them all. There was no question in his beauty.

     Azrael and Areial were soon finding themselves falling for one another. Human and Angel, though, could not be together. This is when they ran off together. Azrael took them to a special land called Eden. This land was known for its supply of fruits and the beginning of the human downfall. Here, Azrael thought no one would look for an Angel of Death. He was wrong...

     The other Angels of course knew his where-abouts because of their leader's wisdom. They were soon in Eden and stumbled across something that started this curse.

     "What did they find grandmother?"

     "Hush dear. I'm getting to it."

     The angels found that Azrael and Areial had children. Both of human and Reaper blood. This was not something they could allow. They dragged the children away from their parents, taking Azrael and Areial with them, but to a much worse fate.

     They took the two cursed souls to their higher ups. The council, as they called it, sentenced Azrael and Areial to death. The children however, had to live with a curse.

     The Reaper side of this misshap was forced into madness. They would not control their lust for human souls, but not just any souls. Rotten, human souls. The wouls of those that had commited crime in their own world.

     The human side of this cursed family had to live knowing they could never be truly human again. They had to live in hiding from their world and then try to keep these soul lustful Reapers in check.

You my child are a Keeper, the human side of this story. You must promise me that you will bond with the reaper of your generation, and keep those innocent humans alive. Do you promise to become a Reaper's Keeper?

     "Yes grandmother! I pro-"

     "Oh... I was just telling Evalyn here about our past. It is a gre-"

      "Mother! Do not speak such lies around my daughter! Come Evalyn, we are leaving. Do not ever listen to this old hags lies!"

      "But mother- No!"

     "Goodbye mother, and I hope you never expect to see Evalyn again."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it's a bit confusing... I decided to jsut put the prolouge up. I will still put up a chapter on Sunday don't worry! xD I just don't see the Prolouge counting as a chapter. Oh well, see the link on the side? that story doesn't have ANY reads! And I think it is just marvelous! Why don't you check it out? I think you might enjoy it if you're into the whole Reaper thing.

until Sunday!